What did you do to your pool today?

Had friends over for water aerobics this am. Installed a new LED pool light bulb this afternoon. I can’t believe how bright this thing is. I bought a white only bulb for $69, (Bonbo brand) and it’s so much brighter than the 500 watt bulb it replaced.

I dove for pine needles. Rosie, my robot, doesn't like them. She picks them all up, but she told me she prefers leaves and dirt.

Some teenagers may be coming to swim next week, so I added more air to the buckin' bronco bull. It was a big hit with my 11-18 yo grand nephews. It should work well with these 10-14 guys.

My son and I spent 2-3 hours over the weekend using a pumice stone on our water line calcium deposits. Prior to finding TFP, i had no idea what a CSI was...now, we are right on target.
Next on the list...battle wasps. Those darn things are driving me bonkers.

Well I've been neglecting everything, testing, brushing, not even cleaning the filter, but still swimming.

Today I got all caught up! Ran a full set of tests, PH a little high, CYA a little low, fixed both. Scrubbed the walls, sprayed bleach on the upper lip where some algae was forming, cleaned the filter (which looked pretty clean after a month). The combination of SWG and screen are contributing to my lazyness because the pool stays really clean and I rarely need to adjust. Anyway it's a TFP pool again, ready to be neglected for another couple months :drown:

Sunday is yard work, full slate of pool tests and of course swimming! Girls are having a blast...little one can float on her back at will now but big sister is still working on it. However, big sister can swim lengthwise across the pool on two breaths of air...
IMG_2683.jpg
Look closely in pic above and you can see Mila's reflection in the water. Thats a TFP water pic of the year...just sayn :)

IMG_2684.jpg

Thanks Patrick! Get out of the burbs of Flower Mound, drive 10 minutes up the road to Northlake and purchase this lot next door to me :)

I love your property Cliff... hoping I can acquire some land in the future :)

On another note... I won't complain about my yard work that I need to do today after seeing those pics!

After passing our 3 year anniversary of pool ownership I finally decided to get back to a project I had planned to do the first year...

Adding speakers and electrical plugs to our pergola.

I worked on the project over the weekend and with a few more tweaks will be done. It only took 3 years to get around to it!

Originally I wanted to add a bluetooth speaker amp and purchased a Pyle Bluetooth Receiver Wall Mount to go into a single gang box - I also purchased a power transformer to convert the voltage to work with the Pyle unit (I have these sitting in the garage). I also had a nice set of Polk Audio Atrium 4 speakers just sitting in the garage...

For the past 3 years I have relied on our TV to do music (using a Roku stick to play Pandora, Amazon Music etc...). However, the speakers in our cheap TV just didn't sound that great.

Fast forward to the last few weeks. I decided to switch gears completely for the sound amplification part of the system and purchased a little Class D amplifier for $120 - a SMSL Q5 Pro digital amplifier. This is a nice speaker driver with a optical input that I can connect directly to the TV.

The idea is to put the small amp on the back of the TV, along with the power supply, and it will be protected when I use the TV cover.

I put our speakers up on the pergola Saturday and did the AC wiring and conduit on Sunday. I will be finishing the speaker connections in the next few days. For now I have it working and the sound improvement is amazing.

Hopefully I don't get the neighbors mad at me :rockon:

v8zEBNLsoKuZHcLA_TUcMuX56VX1c55-fybJd0VTdH3rk95DlJogcUlCo1wG6j93D-S-ReLZAOqj_pw9-9CaTHqEjrn1zsmPUWJmvJjB9hEmqIOufIuF33eszCLHxHaPaEZ9t_q2zX6hMO9C93Cdsz6ck26mq8sZlBjRRXbCQ3EJ8ta3gLIdUv8w-DHK1-4wucERXG9O091R9jxYXp2PFLWMtm6MMSLLalMzdKQpwG7iRhlx6OTCUNIYRwGxpWO6BEsuuZisCZnU-TXYe4r9xs_WePGdIaqBD5r-QKjYNwV7De2_3CccRbPx6xyQwLs5_-tENywIqp59Nl77BGQNh-uWbYItrBOMrudmVS8p8I-bGKvHf_BOMqoDk_nl5o3tMxg8M1Fy4hChVqK_MLYnQQAuCBfk-_Q9YzZfZ9a5orppRn5svRE5c-Cuzr_HvrfsAeRohw0uNA4pxsogI-g_nUYq4RxpvF0eZe5D6FTt7X04J8kUeBoLEqmltbGTi5y2reoeDOaZhfEFO4zBQgx3GGgXrjOtiRdO0A9wjVcKySxnd88b9G1vW8R6kTmn9F2K2hnK8R7GZopJViu_3cfEOYS88ZXbS6mfQp4PlTA=w1137-h640-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let’s see I lugged stone from one end of the yard to the driveway, which was just moved from the driveway 4 days earlier while looking at the pool water as I wheeled by 50 times. I do a lot of looking at my water as I carry stuff back and forth from point a to point b and then point c and usually back to point a again. I have been in it twice though since it was finished a year ago. Not bad right. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support