What did you do to your pool today?

We had temps in the low 40s the last few nights so the pool temperature is starting to drop pretty quickly - I think it only got up to 75° yesterday - it started out at a cool 72° this morning when the pump came on at 10AM...Fortunately we have had sun all day for the last several days, but it is not enough to keep ahead of the colder nights. I really only see a few more weeks of using the pool as a quick cold plunge for cooling off:splash::drown:, real swimming may be done for the year:sad:

Yayyy... 1st swim of the year (for me) 27.5C (82F).

Wiped the waterline tile and found some little spots of algae above the waterline. That stuff is good at surviving!

You're late!
I've been swimming everyday for over a week now, and no heating. Pools at a nice 22° (72F) now and climbing.
I reallly have to look into converting my old SolaHart <<Post>> , 27.5C sounds really nice!

oh, no nasty algae here.... :)

Adjusted timing screws for longer run times due to increased wind debris, brushed, tested, dosed, checked PSI, emptied skimmer, marveled at how crystal clear it has been all year, with not one day of cloudiness, even though the hurricane and brutal summer. I love TFP.

still open her in NEPA. thank goodness for the warm fall with new plaster. i keep checking PH daily and pray it doesn't go over 8.0 for at least 72 hrs, but no such luck yet! i'm just trying to keep it open as long as i can to keep curing and hope that PH normalizes a bit.

so what did i do today. my typical walk around and net anything on the bottom cause everything is flying here from the trees. have been keeping the pucks and vic c tabs close these days with organic stains more often with the trees and a few metal stains which i still don't get. this morning no netting. a plus. lol

and even morning i still can't get over how clear the water is with following what all you great people have taught me this year!

thanks you. thank you. i mean it from the bottom of my heart TFP!

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Everyone!

I've been raking the most gigantic leaves I've ever seen. The tree in the neighbor's yard that provides a nice shade in the high summer is once again my nemesis. Watching the water temp drop to 72 and starting to think about the close. I just read through the closing article in pool school and it sounds pretty intense. I'd like to get the cover on to alleviate the daily raking, but sounds like it's not cold enough yet. I've started bringing the in chairs and airing out cushions prepping for storage. Winter is coming ;)

Crystal

Heated the pool and let the grandkids swim, probably the last time for them this year. One of the 4 yr olds stepped on a bee and got stung. Poor baby! Broke my heart, but he was good as new after a poultice of baking soda, some icing of the affected area, and removal of the stinger by Nurse Nini, and, of course, a treat for being such a brave little guy.

Since my last post we've swam a LOT with grand kids. Also finally got rid of my stone age spa air control on the booster pump and used an idle relay in the rs pool control cabinet... we're using the spa a lot lately now!

Tested. Used PoolMath App (love it!!). Added 54oz of MA to drop pH and TA. Threw Mr T in the pool to clean.

Sadly the water is 75F and never will get above 80F again. Time to clean out the filter, winterize the waterfall and start gathering supplies to do my drain & refill....water company is going to love getting my $$$$....

Air temp was 90F today, bumped the water temp from 81 to 88ish for the 3rd day in a row so we could swim for probably the last time :( It’s supposed to be a high of 53F tomorrow!! Sad, sad, sad....

If we get some fluke warm temps in the next few weeks, I may fire up the heater again...

In other news...

Dark, sticky blotches dotted the region overnight. No casualties were reported after the overwhelming night raids by the ABAF (bats) but authorities are seeking increased funding for decontam and reparations. One resident reported that they expect to move indoors after dusk. Experts determined the flight paths and collected samples, and are recommending further study and increased funding. "They have to wake up, examine the evidence, and take this issue seriously," advised Dr. Wilson (Mac) MacGillicuddy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support