What did you do to your pool today?

mac.dblues

Jul 29, 2013
Arkadelphia, AR
Not today, but Friday I added a good bit of muriatic acid because our TA was higher than I wanted it. Saturday morning I aerated a while to raise Ph back up after dropping TA. We also installed a pair of Pyle Bluetooth outdoor speakers that Deb got for Christmas so she can have her tunes in the pool. Sunday we repaired a plumbing leak and in the process found two leaks in the liner. Other than fixing those we did a full test and only had to add chlorine.

Oh yeah, we soaked in it and drank a lot of beer in it ALL WEEKEND LONG!!!!

Attachments

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Backwashed the sand filter. Adjusted the flow switch on the iChlor a bit. Knocked a tiny bit of scale off the chlorinator. Added some acid to stop more scale in the SWG. Heated it from 86 to 89. Swam a lot.

Rocket J Squirrel

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Secured the rail of the under-track auto-cover. It had come loose at the shallow end, both the screw and the plastic screw anchor came loose. Rummaged through my junk drawer, found 1 plastic anchor that was too big and another that was too small.

Drove down to local hardware store with the screw & the guy helped me find what looked like the perfect size anchor for 15 cents. Brought it home, suited up, got in the pool with hammer & screwdriver, and found the new anchor was too big for the hole. Turned out the one I already had that looked too small worked perfectly. Sigh.

As long as I was in the pool with a screwdriver, I checked & tightened all the under-track screws. Then I swam, showered, & had a beer. OK, 2 beers.

Reactions: Casey

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
With my skimmer in hand, ran after a mouse -which was alive - (at least I think it was a mouse) in my pool. Not sure if I’m mad about the mouse or my husband laughing at me through the screen door. Ugh :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats