What did you do to your pool today?

I just got home after being out of the country since June 15. Water is sparkling clear thanks to my SWG and TFP methods. Kokapelli is busy cleaning up, what little debris there is in the bottom. Empty my skimmers and a touch of acid and I’m back in business. Thank you TFP!

Caught the edge and kinda got side swiped by a tornado last nite about the time we were gonna kick off the holiday with a Tiki Torch Tuesday night. About 50 mph winds blowing tree stuff and all that shingle grit off the new roof straight into the pool. Lost power for a few hours. Used the old battery powered Pool Blaster Max to save the day (night) after cleaning debris off top of water. Just vac'd again and checked FC---still at 8 after late night power back on addition. Praying for a clear afternoon, but ribs on the electric smoker now after power went off briefly again this am. All battery devices phones on charge. Happy Holiday!

Did some FC testing, had 5 kids and 3 adults yesterday and FC went from 10 to 3.5 overnite. Need to get my FC back in check :cheers:

Yesterday - I tossed the robot in to clean things up a bit, backwashed the filter, cleaned skimmers of bugs and one frog, swam then tested water. I've had to readjust the SWG because FC is currently 12 ppm (oops!). CYA is 80 and I was shooting for an FC of 8. Everything else is in line so I'm not overly concerned. Pool math says my FC should be between 4 - 11 so I'm not that far out of line. I dialed back the SWG and I'll see where we are in a day or two. The pool is certainly sparkly!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We added a new roller shade to our Alumawood pergola. I bought a stock 6ft one on sale at Amazon and cut it down to 5ft wide to fit the side wall of our shade structure...

It adds some nice additional shade from the west. Right now it doesn't do much, but in the spring and fall it will help keep the sun off our sitting area a bit more.

6kcmCsM0RqDRDJ3q7x3Q7gJMmHXKSnludUSIB0IocZpM1G_Z3raNRxezGvQpaPNrNU-qA5XxYM4y_alhVVGf5RiW9E3U8V3gcP8V33ixGORV_OEsGIXXWxTjyxRuz30jgdjfUeZSOufrVY4WeWjtwEEc0Hpo6oNhYux6IAzD_gzuBKt_4XcQYoajgGxF7S-Riq1H46cPBeT1xQBZypSzJrkO95lGzf7Pw0ehTXXqTYubMxQxa7ZtQvLlTI1-oVMcVz3yXs7PUP9KL-u3c9qp9tBBmthjrJDP6t3nK0DJds3eBIWrWgyFsegUpIZUJddmxBS3y6s0X29-Ovcrcxv_v8oAntOvaV7orR_R6ChZuBC3up9zqpCiK6LxQiMkgqHKirKcuvdQwU_Xz8dxeNJXAGKxDfpGFSzqYQ9rxsnezy4bfN-4X1-u3NrxEOnG6-T_L5hknsyMu0E2F2voCQePHqxxEeRjU5nGxV5-mzv75zC5jqKbkN8aGFoNKGDg09ArUbCHuqgMerV9fayd32ZTWkCQG-OZyC82v8X4GRdfOd_cnJ4aqov5apxAXsKxd0FOp_YzrmQaAuH63-H-DeM9_7aHBKY3vmuZL0or6i8=w1526-h859-no

Checked fc yikes it was 0. Quickly added a gal of bleach and bumped up the swg. It has been very hot here so I need to start adjusting swg and pump time [emoji482]

Wow! Very eventful times at your pools! Emptied skimmer, test, acid, brushed, glanced at PSI gauge/pump basket, bleach, then loaded the empty jugs into the truck to get refilled tomorrow or Friday. So, so easy compared to my neighbor who complained about his pool service who let it go green, despite him having a SWG.

Checked FC, pH, water level and skimmer baskets. Played in pool with the grandkids! Love having a pool to beat this blistering Texas heat...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support