We’re slamming!

The TFP forum just did an hour discussion (via Zoom) regarding SLAM. THey will post the video in next day or so.
Be sure to check your filter pressure and if is rising then backwash.
Brushing is key as is keeping your FC level at 12 as you stated.
Good Luck.
You should do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test when the water clears and your filter pressure is not rising significantly.

full

Thanks all! Pressure holding steady. Pool has turned to blue now but day 2 of cloudiness remains. Today’s stats:
FC: 15 -target 12
CC: 0.5
CYA: 40
PH: 7.7 ish understanding we are slamming and not reliable
OCLT: under 1 loss
Here’s an updated pic CE79F724-FCAD-4738-949C-F3A689759622.jpeg

Reactions: HermanTX
Hello ! Started slamming on Friday. Here are Wednesday stats…
Ph: 7.8
TA: 130
FC: 10
CC: 0
OCLT: less than 1 point

Water is CLEAR! Pressure holding. Vacuumed and brushed again today. Shall we start working on the Ph? Should we allow the FC to drift now?
Thank you all. We read a bunch and trusted the process.4419975A-C9D5-43A6-A3D0-888D824ADCB3.jpeg

I cant tell from the picture if it is crystal clear. If so and you have passed the OCLT, I would keep it at SLAM level for another day or two. The big rookie move is to end the SLAM as quickly as possible. Holding it for another day or two will ensure that you have killed everything so that you dont need to do this again.

Hello ! Started slamming on Friday. Here are Wednesday stats…
Ph: 7.8
TA: 130
FC: 10
CC: 0
OCLT: less than 1 point

Water is CLEAR! Pressure holding. Vacuumed and brushed again today. Shall we start working on the Ph? Should we allow the FC to drift now?
Thank you all. We read a bunch and trusted the process.View attachment 346047
Also, at a CYA of 40 your SLAM level is 16 ppm for FC so ensure to keep it up there and continue. Then do the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
as indicated by others

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I cant tell from the picture if it is crystal clear. If so and you have passed the OCLT, I would keep it at SLAM level for another day or two. The big rookie move is to end the SLAM as quickly as possible. Holding it for another day or two will ensure that you have killed everything so that you dont need to do this again.
0E00F617-DF00-4BA9-B4A9-CA83E699963C.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.