Yellow or Mustard Algea?

Is it totally dark when you’re testing for the oclt?
Cleaning the filters is a good idea. We recommend doing that when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure so make note of your clean pressure after.
Have you cleaned your beaker lately? If not give it a good wipe with alcohol & rinse.

For OCLT I think that might be a mistake I was making… I was waiting about 30 minutes after sunset there was still light but no direct sunlight out and testing around 7am when sun was about to come up so there was some light out but not direct sunlight.

last night I wasn’t able to test until about 7:30 so there was no sunlight and was dark already.
This morning I tested at 6:30am was still somewhat dark and no sunlight just yet.

And cleaning my beaker what’s that 🤣 I will clean it today. I always just “washed it off” in the pool thinking that would remove any chemicals from recent test. 👀

3/12
Filters were cleaned previous day. They were dirty dirty 🥴

OCLT - 1.0
CC 1.0

Reactions: Mdragger88
For OCLT I think that might be a mistake I was making… I was waiting about 30 minutes after sunset there was still light but no direct sunlight out and testing around 7am when sun was about to come up so there was some light out but not direct sunlight.

last night I wasn’t able to test until about 7:30 so there was no sunlight and was dark already.
This morning I tested at 6:30am was still somewhat dark and no sunlight just yet.

And cleaning my beaker what’s that 🤣 I will clean it today. I always just “washed it off” in the pool thinking that would remove any chemicals from recent test. 👀

3/12
Filters were cleaned previous day. They were dirty dirty 🥴

OCLT - 1.0
CC 1.0
You may be just loosening up stuff with your scrubbing/cleaning which is good!
Scrub all the things!
Your oclt losses are going down so that’s the right direction 👍🏻 persistence will win in the end!
The first time someone told me to clean my beaker/vial & I did it I couldn’t believe I had never thought to do so- something so simple!
Mine was so stained/dark from the powder and afterwards it looked amazing 🤩 I try to do it regularly now.

Question on OCLT sunset in AZ is around 6:40pm a sunrise is around 6:45am. I have been testing around 7pm and retesting around 6:30/6:45 close to 12 hours in-between test.

Am I waiting to long between test?

You can do the night test before bed. 8 hours is plenty. By comparison, at the end of June we only have 7.5 hours of darkness.

You can go longer, but you don't need to. If you make it 8 hours with no loss, you'll also make it 12 hours. So if it's convenient to test earlier, then have at it.

You can do the night test before bed. 8 hours is plenty. By comparison, at the end of June we only have 7.5 hours of darkness.

You can go longer, but you don't need to. If you make it 8 hours with no loss, you'll also make it 12 hours. So if it's convenient to test earlier, then have at it.

Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to log test times and get 8 hours of darkness with no sunlight in between test. #SlamOn 🙌🏼🥴😊

Fridays update:
Tested at 8:03pm
Retested at 5:45 am

OCLT: 0ppm
CC 0.5

Zero Signs of algae, brushed the stairs, the corners, walls entire pool, ran the hot tub (cold) ran all the water features, checked the skimmer basket flapper at the skimmer, baskets at the pump side, auto top off chlorinatorn container and not seeing any signs of algae or film. Ran the pool robot multiple times in a day.

For my sanity should I keep at SLAM level one more night and test OCLT one last time?

• Love
For my sanity should I keep at SLAM level one more night and test OCLT one last time?
Holding SLAM an extra day or two is always good insurance. It's far easier than it was at the start. When folks quit early, they end up back at the sucky part. 👍

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ugh! Now I feel like I’m chasing my tail here 😞

I have to be doing something wrong. Yesterdays test OCLT was zero. Today it’s 5ppm I didn’t even lose that throughout the day and the only addition of liquid chlorine was done before we left for dinner. Assuming the -5ppm overnight was due to miscounting and adding 10 drops in my head as I counted or tried to keep it in memory while I tested CC last night. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Either way looks like overnight loss of 5ppm or 0 depending on if I goofed or not.

CC 1.0

Any chance of CC going up with overnight rain? ☔

Below are my last few test results.

Attachments

• IMG_7095.jpeg
    IMG_7095.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 4
When counting so many drops early in the morning/late at night it can get tough & easy to mis count.
Be sure you’re not pausing when doing the drops or it can affect the test (it turns more pink if it sits)
Aim for a drop per second.
Was anything introduced to the pool last night that wasn’t in there the night before? You recently mentioned a spa. The spa & pool need to be treated as one body of water during the slam (they should both stay at slam level fc as much as possible).

Reactions: Newdude
When counting so many drops early in the morning/late at night it can get tough & easy to mis count.
Be sure you’re not pausing when doing the drops or it can affect the test (it turns more pink if it sits)
Aim for a drop per second.
Was anything introduced to the pool last night that wasn’t in there the night before? You recently mentioned a spa. The spa & pool need to be treated as one body of water during the slam (they should both stay at slam level fc as much as possible).

Nothing new introduced. Spa and pool all run as one so water from the spa always spills into the pool. TBH I have never checked the parameters on the spa as I always thought they were one and the same and the spa wasn’t a closed loop. When I ran the hot tub it was cold but it was to make sure water flowed through the heater not sure if it did while in the off position but I ran it similar to all the water features just in case.

Great 👍🏻
Just mentioning as we have seen someone make no mention of a spa until they can’t pass oclt & have had a long slam due to the fact it was not treated as one body. We do our best to help cover all the bases we can fathom through the interweb but we are always limited by the info we are given since we aren’t there with you. 😊

Reactions: TeamFreddy
Sunday Morning Update: had a real busy Saturday and didn’t add any chlorine to the pool (pool was at 21ppm Saturday morning and didn’t expect to go down to 13ppm in less than 12 hours). Added more chlorine this morning to get FC above 16. I checked the skimmer for leaves, and pulled the pool robot out (Explorer E30) and inspected it for algae and film none found. Emptied out the robot basket (not much was in it) and cleaned the robot filters and left the pool cleaner out of the water for one night.

Tested last night at 9pm and retested at 6am (no sunlight in the am) this morning. If CC was already a 1.0 at 9pm could it go down overnight, not that it did just curious.

OCLT: 0
CC 1.0

If CC was already a 1.0 at 9pm could it go down overnight, not that it did just curious.
CCs need sunlight to burn off. (The part that burns off anyway). So it's unlikely to see a change once it's dark.

The 0 loss OCLT is promising. Even if you're not there yet, it's getting close, and it's way easier at this stage if it drags on for a few days. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support