LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Over the last few months TFP has continued it's pursuit to reach out to as many people as possible to assist them with their pools. This last year we've seen some newcomers bring up some very nice looking websites but offer very questionable advice. This has pushed up to take a hard look at ourselves and admit that our old software was dated and we needed to improve. Time after time I can picture a new user enter the old TFP and say to themselves that it was junk, and leave. I can only imagine how many of those users are now fighting poor water chemistry as they've listened to "the other sites."

I'd like to welcome all to the new look of TFP! We've went out and with the funding from TFP Supporters we've done a major remodel to the website. We cannot thank each of you who've assisted along the way. We know there will be issues that arise over the next few months but we'll get them taken care of. If you have any issues please feel free to yell!

Now enjoy!!

full

naaaaaaaaa

Lee,
Thanks for working hard to get back up. I liked it the way it was but that's the same approach I took with Uber 'till my kids talked me into it. Within 3 days I had Ubered 9 more times and I almost never use cabs anymore. I bet I'll like this more once I get the hang of it too! Thanks for trying to keep me current.

Chris

Reactions: TT030

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The old web version of Pool Math can be found here. We're gonna continue to support it and keep it uploaded but no longer promote it as it's in need of a major overhaul...........hint hint Jon
Uh oh. I'm in trouble on that one too.

The best part of all this is the seamless operation and switching between desktop and mobile devices. The old vBulletin software was terrible on mobile devices (read : phones) and it was next to impossible to do anything one would want to do on a mobile device....like upload pictures. I'm sure we will all have fun with the new features like tagging people and so forth but the real power of this upgrade is what goes on behind the scenes at the server level. And now the theme we are using will be fully supported by a dedicated 3rd party company so that Lee doesn't have to try to kludge every problem with band-aids and bubble gum. This new software and themes will bring TFP into the modern age of both website and mobile user needs/wants/etc.

This is really a top-flight setup here and....it cost MONEY!!! So let's make sure we do all we can as the site leaders to promote this!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.