Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2019
Northwest Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool did not have a weir door and I'm trying to replace it. I've found the right replacement part to order, but couldn't see how it would attach. I think I've figured out the issue and wanted to see if this sounds right.

This is the OEM replacement weir (a door and the hinge):

I believe that the hinge is usually installed flat against the bottom surface using screws. I think that when it was installed in my pool, it was plastered in vertically and the hinge is still in there. Would you agree after looking at these pictures?

I'm thinking the easiest (maybe even only) way forward is one of the ones held in with tension.

I have an old pool with a replacment held in place with a tension rod. It works fine. Most important is that the door fit properly in the opening. I should not allow water to flow around the sides and the top needs to extend above the water line when still. There also should be some foam in the top of the door to provide flotation and create a spillway effect when the pump in running.

I took a chisel to it today and it came out pretty fast. Thanks for the tip! Looks like it was installed correctly and I just need to unscrew it now. Went ahead and ordered a tension weir as well in case the replacement doesn't work. Appreciate both your responses!

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.