Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a Hayward AQR 15 that is starting on its third cell after I’m guessing 5-6 years. The cell that’s currently on there I had as a replacement, which I ended up never using, but it only had a one year warranty. i’ve had the cell for a couple of years, so there is no warranty on it, all the way up until now I never used it. About four or five weeks ago, the second cell died. so since I had this I thought I would put it in, and when I did, it seem to work just fine. But now even when the cell is at ~90% setting, and runs for 14 hrs per day, after four days is down to 1 PPM With no swimming. (I was out of town) My pool is only approximately 13k gallons, so this T15 is plenty big. I checked my salt with my k-1766 kit and it is at 3600 ppm. My question is, the little salt sensor that installed after the discharge in front of the cell, how do I check it to see if it’s good? Not sure if that would be causing the problem, but the control panel and that sensor or original equipment. Any ideas if the sale possibly is going bad?

GLX CELL 15-W
Readings:
93P-3500
AL-0
R 1.59
T-15
Pentair Variable speed 1800 RPM

Thank you for the reply, I will perform the test tonight. The water is crystal clear, I know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I will report the results tomorrow, again thank you very much. After I checked the pool and seeing a low chlorine level, I added some liquid chlorine. But that was a few hours ago. So I will shut the saltwater generator off wait 45 minutes and test the water. It is dark here now.

OK, I shut my saltwater generator off and left my pump running and waited 45 minutes, it’s way after dark. as I mentioned earlier, after realizing I only had 1 PPM I went ahead and added some liquid chlorine earlier this afternoon.
Just finished testing with the R 0870 DPD:
FC = 6
CC = 0.5 (hard to tell it may be 0) I think I seen a slight discoloration.

I just want to interject that my first cell lasted 9+ yrs, and I'm running a generic replacement and it does not put out the same level of chlorine as the original. I'm up to 40% on this cell, where with the original branded cell I rarely went over 20% on the cell. <shrug>

Maddie :flower:

We had a little rain last night, but not much.
After the overnight chlorine loss test I have 5 ppm, so I lost 1 ppm overnight. Any ideas are welcome. I need to check my CYA, my kit is empty so I will do to pool store and hope for best. Can this have this big of an effect? Cell is clean.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.