Weak Spa Jets & Air Blower Shutting Off?!?!?

Drill holes in the pipe under the blower.

Start with small holes and add them and enlarge them until you find a setup that works. You can always close some holes with duct tape to fine tune it.

The air coming out of the holes may be noisy and whistle.

Overall I think your builder/plumber botched the spa plumbing and the air/water interface pipes to the jets.
have been testing this morning... slowly increasing the RPMs in Spa Mode to see where the pressure becomes too great for the blower and overheats it... I'm currently at 2800 rpm (started at 2400) and hasn't overheated yet. When i was experiencing this issue yesterday, I was running at 3200 to try to address the weak jets.

There's a small chance that it was sun driven too - this was late afternoon and my equipment gets hit by full Texas sun during the hottest part of the day (we're currently over 90F).

Find the balance between pump RPM/pressure and blower pressure.

have been testing this morning... slowly increasing the RPMs in Spa Mode to see where the pressure becomes too great for the blower and overheats it... I'm currently at 2800 rpm (started at 2400) and hasn't overheated yet. When i was experiencing this issue yesterday, I was running at 3200 to try to address the weak jets.

There's a small chance that it was sun driven too - this was late afternoon and my equipment gets hit by full Texas sun during the hottest part of the day (we're currently over 90F).
Before you drill too many holes, make sure the water lines are clear of debris. This can cause back pressure in the air lines as well.

BTW, you are better off cutting the air pipe and installing a three way valve to adjust the air flow.

Before you drill too many holes, make sure the water lines are clear of debris. This can cause back pressure in the air lines as well.

BTW, you are better off cutting the air pipe and installing a three way valve to adjust the air flow.
Beyond removing the fittings and just letting it run, how else might i clear the lines of any debris? When the builder did start up, they did purge the lines - i watched them - and a lot of gunk came up. When i remove the fittings now and just let it run, its just clear, clean water at this point.

Drilling holes in the lines and creating noise for my neighbors is not my ideal solution. I assume a 3 way valvue lets you adjust the opening and control the airflow? Wouldn't this just create air pressure between the valve and the blower?

Beyond removing the fittings and just letting it run, how else might i clear the lines of any debris? When the builder did start up, they did purge the lines - i watched them - and a lot of gunk came up. When i remove the fittings now and just let it run, its just clear, clean water at this point.

Drilling holes in the lines and creating noise for my neighbors is not my ideal solution. I assume a 3 way valvue lets you adjust the opening and control the airflow? Wouldn't this just create air pressure between the valve and the blower?
I took a cheap drain snake form the Dollar Store and plaster slurry was dried on the wall of pipes but inches from opening. It broke loose and blew out with just gentle prod. It doesn't take but a little restriction to shut a jet down with them all in same pressure loop. Yep, this was after PB plumbers had been out to "see" why some jets were not producing stream and PB would be getting back with me. Over time, a few sheets of it also came out of the spa pool returns, as I guess it eventually can't hang on.

You can also use a tee with a 2-way valve. That is what I really meant. ;)

And yes, it gives more fine control over the air flow.

How many spa jet do you have?

What size pipe did the PB use for the spa suction and return lines?

A 6+ spa jet spa is going to require close to full speed for strong jets. Especially when going through the filter and heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe the air cavity is compromised in some way, allowing that back pressure. If it was clogged I would imagine it would happen at the 1” male insert.But you inspected the jet heads on the ones that aren’t working? Maybe installation was botched like Allen said.

You can also use a tee with a 2-way valve. That is what I really meant. ;)

And yes, it gives more fine control over the air flow.

How many spa jet do you have?

What size pipe did the PB use for the spa suction and return lines?

A 6+ spa jet spa is going to require close to full speed for strong jets. Especially when going through the filter and heater.
6 jets. I could get it up to 3200 RPM before the blower overheats and shuts off. Looks to be 2.5" pipe for both spa suction / return.

New symptom - not sure if it matters... When PB and Plumbers were just at my house, we could hear the air blower pipe gurgling when pool was in spa mode (obviously with blower off). The plumbers said something like "there's water in the line. the pool start up company should have vacuumed that out" but PB didn't seem to buy that. I'm not quite sure how all this is supposed to work but gurgling when blower is off would seem to be a sign that something isn't right, correct?

Water always gets into the spa air line up to the water level.

That is why a check valve is often put into the spa air line depending on the relative elevations.

If this is obvious forgive me but I have 9 of those Waterway jets and they are adjustable. If you rotate the outer gray ring when they are installed you can change the flow through them. Even shut them completely off. Are the weak jets possibly turned off? When mine were first installed a couple of them were very hard to turn because they were screwed in too far up against the plaster.

If this is obvious forgive me but I have 9 of those Waterway jets and they are adjustable. If you rotate the outer gray ring when they are installed you can change the flow through them. Even shut them completely off. Are the weak jets possibly turned off? When mine were first installed a couple of them were very hard to turn because they were screwed in too far up against the plaster.

I have them fully open. The plumbers just drained the spa and and filled it back up via the jets, and you can clearly see pressure differences. 3 jets are strong. 1 is so so... the other 2 - very very clear pressure difference.

I assume they installed all the jets on a loop. If they didn't the end of the line will have less pressure than the beginning. I went round and round with my plumber during the build on this. It was like pushing string.

I assume they installed all the jets on a loop. If they didn't the end of the line will have less pressure than the beginning. I went round and round with my plumber during the build on this. It was like pushing string.
They claim they did. To my eye - it appears they did.

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.