Weak Spa Jets & Air Blower Shutting Off?!?!?

PB / Plumber showed up today... they believe they've isolated it to a defective jet body that is apparently misshapen and is affecting pressure. They're going to try some special sealant to help address, but PB seemed skeptical that would work. Plan B is opening the back of the spa to physically replace the jet body itself.

PB / Plumber showed up today... they believe they've isolated it to a defective jet body that is apparently misshapen and is affecting pressure. They're going to try some special sealant to help address, but PB seemed skeptical that would work. Plan B is opening the back of the spa to physically replace the jet body itself.
great, a $13 part - buried in gunite. that sucks, sorry :(.

Has surgery started? You need to get pics, and the autopsy of the defective part would be interesting as well. (or see if it was a sloppy glue job that FUBARed the part)

Not yet. PB is working through some scheduling conflicts with the sub. Normally this would irritate me but my build process started last July (and even that was after a multi month delay after signing the contract) and only finished in late Feb - so I've learned patience that I never knew I had.

** All pool builders in Austin had similar construction delays last year - Tesla built a massive factory here and gobbled up nearly all qualified contractors, especially anyone with concrete skills.

Quick update.. They reseated the jets and got 5 of 6 working. That 6th is trying really hard, but not fully fixed. They're trying to figure out a plan B but have started discussing having to open up a small section on the non plaster side of the spa to replace the defective jet body... While I want my spa to work 100% - I'm considering just letting it go... We're approaching a year of construction at this point and just not sure i want to prolong for 1 jet. Interested in opinions.

Quick update.. They reseated the jets and got 5 of 6 working. That 6th is trying really hard, but not fully fixed. They're trying to figure out a plan B but have started discussing having to open up a small section on the non plaster side of the spa to replace the defective jet body... While I want my spa to work 100% - I'm considering just letting it go... We're approaching a year of construction at this point and just not sure i want to prolong for 1 jet. Interested in opinions.
Im having similar issue with 2 of my jets. I can feel a small amount of water coming out and air blower works fine.

Did you ever get your issue fixed?

Im having similar issue with 2 of my jets. I can feel a small amount of water coming out and air blower works fine.

Did you ever get your issue fixed?
Sort of. They resealed all of my jets and now 5 of 6 work flawlessly. The other one is trying really hard, but per PB the jet body is defective and needs to be replaced. I don't want to do that until swim season is over, so they will be coming back in November to do it.

Sort of. They resealed all of my jets and now 5 of 6 work flawlessly. The other one is trying really hard, but per PB the jet body is defective and needs to be replaced. I don't want to do that until swim season is over, so they will be coming back in November to do it.
Thanks- yea PB wasn’t able to correct my issue. All of the work fine with the small jet body removed and they also all work with blower on. But once I turn blower off, only 4 work which means pressure to the other tao is weak. My neighbors are building pool so I may have their PB take a look.

Assuming they are waterway jets or something similar, I believe your issue is that your spa jets were cut to short which is not allowing the o-ring on the jet fitting to seal properly which is creating your back pressure. The jets that you can see the Venturi (bubbles) coming out of are cut correctly and the jets that you done see any bubbles coming out of are cut too short. The blower is trying to force air through a jet that is not properly sealed which is causing the back pressure and overheating.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.