Waterline Tile Glass Good or Bad ?

parkinsmith

Gold Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Clifton Texas, Lake Whitney
I am just in the picking out materials phase of my pool project . Dig date is in July . I am going for a very modern look and LOVE the look of glass tile for the waterline either from NPT or Master Tile . Is glass going to be problematic? Would be grateful for feedback and to hear from anyone who used the glass tile at the waterline . For my plaster I will be using stonescape with added glass beads /abalone shell in either Midnight Blue or Tropical Blue .

My personal opinion is porcelain tile is lower maintenance then glass tile. And 1x1 glass tile has so many grout lines that end up being a maintenance problem.

If you want a low maintenance pool get porcelain tile and minimize the amount of grout lines.

Last edited:
Very good point to minimize grout lines. We have 2” glass water line tiles and so far there ok but we’ve only had half a season. Now that the issue has been raised I can say that we purposely went for larger tiles for the kitchen splash backs to minimize grout lines but didn’t think to transfer that idea out to the pool. :brickwall:

Reactions: parkinsmith
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.