Nassau, Long Island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Is the CMP 25577-950-000 Rock Trap Sheer Descent Necessary if the water is filtering through the main Filter. Problem I'm having is how to install it on a bottom port feed. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-080534_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-080534_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20201202_054736.jpg
    20201202_054736.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20201125-081921_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-081921_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20201125-082834_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-082834_Messenger.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
When I found that my builder had not installed them I made sure that they went back and added them but I do not know how necessary they really are. I am sure that if there were no need for them the manufacturer would prefer to save the cost of including them. I am not sure what you are referring to by "bottom port feed", can you explain?

When I found that my builder had not installed them I made sure that they went back and added them but I do not know how necessary they really are. I am sure that if there were no need for them the manufacturer would prefer to save the cost of including them. I am not sure what you are referring to by "bottom port feed", can you explain?
The back port fit is easy. It hooks right in the back but the bottom port is a pain. No instructions for bottom port installs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-082834_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-082834_Messenger.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20201125-082301_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-082301_Samsung Internet.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
mine are back port and if you see behind the wall you can see the piping.. If for some reason one of the waterfalls get a rock or something then I would just pull the pipe and clean it.. I have a dedicated pump for it so I doubt anything big will get stuck.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
Oh, I see what you mean. Is there not a horizontal pipe somewhere in the system that you could add them? Possibly even underground would work. On mine there is no way to open them or clean them out, so hopefully you will never need to get to them.

Oh, I see what you mean. Is there not a horizontal pipe somewhere in the system that you could add them? Possibly even underground would work. On mine there is no way to open them or clean them out, so hopefully you will never need to get to them.
Exactly what I'm afraid of. I have a big lab that he'll probably be in the pool everyday.
I need to have access to clean it out in case it gets full of hair
I'll be doing some MacGyver type of install.
thanks

mine are back port and if you see behind the wall you can see the piping.. If for some reason one of the waterfalls get a rock or something then I would just pull the pipe and clean it.. I have a dedicated pump for it so I doubt anything big will get stuck.
I'm building something like this so the back and the side is not an option.
I'll see if I do a false/access panel floor 12×12

Attachments

• 20200924_065331.jpg
    20200924_065331.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 23
We have 4 large dogs in the pool almost every day too, I suggest skimmer socks to help catch the dog hair.

Are you using a separate pump for your water features? If so I doubt that it will ever be exposed to rock or dog hairs. My water feature pump suction is about 3' from the bottom of the pool on the side.

If you wanted it to be something that you could open up to clean out I would cut the bottom off of the part that is supposed to catch the rocks and glue on a threaded plug adapter before it being installed. Now that you mention it I should have done the same with mine, but didn't really consider it.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm building something like this so the back and the side is not an option.
I'll see if I do a false/access panel floor 12×12
If you insist that it be close to the waterfall you might be able to fit it inside of one of the Pour A Lids. Personally I see no need for it to be that close, why not install it at the equipment pad before the pipe goes underground?

We have 4 large dogs in the pool almost every day too, I suggest skimmer socks to help catch the dog hair.

Are you using a separate pump for your water features? If so I doubt that it will ever be exposed to rock or dog hairs. My water feature pump suction is about 3' from the bottom of the pool on the side.

If you wanted it to be something that you could open up to clean out I would cut the bottom off of the part that is supposed to catch the rocks and glue on a threaded plug adapter before it being installed. Now that you mention it I should have done the same with mine, but didn't really consider it.
I'm using the same pump. Is a Pentair Superflo VS. Pool is not big. PB changed it from a Hayward 1.5 hp to this one. Once he learned i was going to do two waterfalls. The longest run is 50ft and the closest is about 20ft. I was thinking about using flex pipe with threads connects.

If you insist that it be close to the waterfall you might be able to fit it inside of one of the Pour A Lids. Personally I see no need for it to be that close, why not install it at the equipment pad before the pipe goes underground?
Wow! Exactly what I was looking for. That will work perfect. I was going to use those metal access panels from home depot.😁

Good call on those lids.
I love them i did all 4 the valves and the skimmers

Attachments

• 20210106_162117.jpg
    20210106_162117.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210106_162126.jpg
    20210106_162126.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210106_162134.jpg
    20210106_162134.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 25
They are mainly there ti catch debris during construction. If a rock or plaster chunk wedged in the groove it can scratch the slit opening amd water comes out funky. Flush the line well before glueing waterfall piping. I install them anytime possible but sometimes you just cant amd it's not worth the aggrevation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.