Waterfallls Stopped Working

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
I cant seem to get my waterfalls to produce flow anymore. I do get small trickles of water but not the waterfall effect.
Also my vacuum pool cleaner is not having enough juice to move as well.
I feel like this is pressure loss somewhere but can not figure this out.
I do not appear to be losing any water or air anywhere. The pressure in my filter is at about 20 when running at 2500 on the pump

Really baffled. I realize this is a minor problem considering all that is going on in the world. But being at home now I have time to fix it!
stay safe all!

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Is your filter dirty? My cartridge filter will get clogged and limit volume as much as flow and cause that.
Also what is your pressure normally ?
20 seems high, mine is around 4psi at 2100

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
GTP,

With a screen name like "Green" Terror Pool, the first thing I would check is your filter.. My guess is that your filter pressure is real high, which is a bad thing.. The higher the pressure, the less flow you will get.

Thanks,

Jim R.

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
The only reason the pressure was high on Filter as I had all the valves set to make maximum pressure as I thought hat would help.
Thanks all....it was a dirty filter, although it want to bad, but I cleaned it and now the waterfalls and vacum are working again. I do have the original filter cartridge and it is about 3 years old so most likely time to change it. This forum rocks!

Reactions: markayash

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
GTP,

It is your money, but unless the cartridges are falling apart, I would not replace them, My cartridges are over 5 years old and I expect them to last for another 5 years..

Thanks,

Jim R.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I
Yeah the straps that hold them are starting to break, but I hope I can get another year or so!
I deep clean mine about once a year with a small electric pressure washer. Just have to be careful and use a wide spray and point down.
If you buy one I have had good luck with pleatco filters. I get them from Amazon