Water turnover

No. This issue has been discussed many times on this forum. There is literally no truth to needing a specific number of turnovers in a pool. User mas985 has a link to a pool study done in FL that shows that the vast majority of pools needed only 2 hours of pump run time regardless of "turnover rate" to distribute the pool chemicals evenly and filter the water to an aesthetically desirable level. Look up any of his posts and the link is in his signature. You can read it all for yourself.

I'll save you some time, the link is below.

As for the infloor heads, Just run long enough to clean up the floors. I think most here run around at least 2 hours. But that fits perfectly to the recommended run time. If two hours is not enough for the infloors or skimmers to do their job, increase run time until it is.

However, I see you have an IC40. You will need to run long enough for that to reach your FC target.

For my part using the concepts here have slowly reduced the time to roughly 2 hours in the early evenings ( when I add chemicals ). In the fall if I get more leaves in the pool I may run for a bit longer, but 2 hours seems plenty to keep surface material to a minimum.

I'm running 4 right now, mostly for my Zodiac to get the leaves. I have two sets of intermatic trippers and go from 4-6am and 4-6pm. This allows a more constant FC level from my SWCG, as well as 2 hours once I get home from work to add chemicals. Working like a charm.

For my part using the concepts here have slowly reduced the time to roughly 2 hours in the early evenings ( when I add chemicals ). In the fall if I get more leaves in the pool I may run for a bit longer, but 2 hours seems plenty to keep surface material to a minimum.

Would you say it's better to blast the infloors with higher RPM's for a shorter amount of time vs lower RPM (still high speed settings though) for a bit longer? I'm curious if getting debris suspended in the water allows it to be filtered out easier that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.