Water clear during the day but particles show at night with lights on.

W.J.Christy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My water during the day is very clear. But at night i turned the lights on and there were a bunch of particles in front it (pic below). Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20220305_195815.jpg
    20220305_195815.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 30
Is this normal?
Possibly. We often see material suspended in the water much easier at night. But to be sure it's not excessive organic material, a full set of water test results may help. It doesn't appear you have the PoolMath APP linked to your TFP profile. Can you post a full set of results? Also remind us when was the last time you rinsed off the cart filters.

Water results from today below.
I cleaned the filters today for the first time since the pool was put in service last September.
1646533790009.png

Nothing in those test numbers point to a chemistry issue. Since today was your first cleaning, the carts may just need a day or two to grab the junk that's been in the pool all winter. I'd stick with it and monitor over the next few days.

Nothing in those test numbers point to a chemistry issue. Since today was your first cleaning, the carts may just need a day or two to grab the junk that's been in the pool all winter. I'd stick with it and monitor over the next few days.
Thankyou. That's good news.

As long as your pool chemistry is good and no algae issues, then you will normally see a lot more particulates at night than during the day. Because there is no sunlight, you are seeing the light reflecting from the pool lamp. Totally normal. You will also see many more imperfections in your plaster at night.

That is good news. No alge currently. I'll run the filter pump over night to see if that helps now that the carts are cleaned.

If it hasn't started already by you yet, hold onto your hat for pollen season. Its best to leave the light off for a month or so. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.