Water chemistry - need help!

Big storm/tornado watch & hail coming to Austin. Curious to see what the test tells me tomorrow...
Rain shouldn’t effect much if your fc is in target range for your cya or higher. Lots of water/overflow can dilute salt & cya.
Just get any debris out as soon as u can (when it’s safe to do so) & stay safe!

Reactions: Isasate
Good day to you all! Tornados are gone, so hubby and I cleaned the pool to the best of our abilities (Polaris VRX iq+ incoming), and these are the new tests after very heavy rains:

03/23/2022

FC
- 8.2 (25ml - 41 drops)
CC - 0
pH - 7.4 - 7.6
TA - 50 to slight pink

1648063766189.png
60 to bright pink

1648063786965.png
CH - 90 then changed to pink again, so 100
CYA - Between 60 and 70

The good news is FC is dropping nicely. pH looking BEAUTIFUL, unless something else (high FC?) is messing with the readings. TA should be 60.

I think we are going places...? I still have to wait until FC is around 5ish, I guess. What should I be doing now?

Thanks!!!

Good day to you all! Tornados are gone, so hubby and I cleaned the pool to the best of our abilities (Polaris VRX iq+ incoming), and these are the new tests after very heavy rains:

03/23/2022

FC
- 8.2 (25ml - 41 drops)
CC - 0
pH - 7.4 - 7.6
TA - 50 to slight pink

View attachment 396550
60 to bright pink

View attachment 396551
CH - 90 then changed to pink again, so 100
CYA - Between 60 and 70

The good news is FC is dropping nicely. pH looking BEAUTIFUL, unless something else (high FC?) is messing with the readings. TA should be 60.

I think we are going places...? I still have to wait until FC is around 5ish, I guess. What should I be doing now?

Thanks!!!
You have the Taylor 2006c test kit correct? Looking at your picture and reading your comments I think you might be doing your PH test wrong. You need to fill the big tube up to the 44ml mark (which is almost to the top of tube) and add 5 drops of R-004 to that and shake it up a bit. Then you compare the color to the comparator. The other test kit people have here (TF-100) uses a different ph test that uses a different ph test liquid and tube and only uses 10ml of water. Don’t confuse the directions between the two different Taylor PH test kits. I have owned both the 2006c and the TF-100 and that’s the main difference other then different quantities of certain tests.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You have the Taylor 2006c test kit correct? Looking at your picture and reading your comments I think you might be doing your PH test wrong. You need to fill the big tube up to the 44ml mark (which is almost to the top of tube) and add 5 drops of R-004 to that and shake it up a bit. Then you compare the color to the comparator. The other test kit people have here (TF-100) uses a different ph test that uses a different ph test liquid and tube and only uses 10ml of water. Don’t confuse the directions between the two different Taylor PH test kits. I have owned both the 2006c and the TF-100 and that’s the main difference other then different quantities of certain tests.
The pictures are not for pH. I was showing the TA results.

Reactions: Orion7319
No need to add calcium. I suspect the CH will rise as you add fill water with calcium in it due to evaporation. Test and record the CH monthly.

Reactions: Isasate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great job!!! One more tip for you. For FC, just fill to the 10ml line. Every drop will be .5. Saves reagent and time. You don't need to be more accurate that x.0 or x.5. 41 is a lot of drops vs. 16.

What should I be doing now?

Ummmmmm...swimming?

dog pool GIF

Great job!!! One more tip for you. For FC, just fill to the 10ml line. Every drop will be .5. Saves reagent and time. You don't need to be more accurate that x.0 or x.5. 41 is a lot of drops vs. 16.
Right? That reagent bottle is looking at me like... girl, stop :ROFLMAO: I thought I might want to be more accurate at the beginning.

Ummmmmm...swimming?

dog pool GIF

If the water wasn't that cold... haha!

Cold Water Kid GIF by GifGari

But also, FC is at 8. Is that a "safe" level? :unsure:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.