Water balancing/intelicenter locked out/pool guy GONE

knwebs

May 10, 2020
Oklahoma City
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

My wife and I put in a pool 18 months ago. I've had a heck of a time with my pool builder, paid for fire features he never got right, twice, and left me with a pool cleaner for last summer that wasn't any better. I fired the pool cleaner after our heater couldn't come to temperature ALL summer. It was a programming issue in Pentair and I had to figure it out (sigh).

Why I'm here:

1. Pool guy quit and I need in my intelicenter there's a admin four digit code.

How do I reset that? I'm a computer guy, if someone can DM/personal message me instructions I can execute it. Last I spoke to him was 4/13 and it appears he might have logged in remotely and did something (sigh). I'd like to get my winterized features turned back on and the wifi piece reconnected.

2. Balancing water, I'm about to put a big system through my plumber on our whole house because I believe the plumbing was engineered wrong.

My spa and pool both evaporate a great deal of water because of the overflow areas down to catch basin and we heat both for many months out of the year. My pool builder put our auto fill (off the sprinkler line) into the catch basins. I believe introducing a big amount of fresh water from the well into these areas then into the Pentair chemical center. I'm not sure about the plumbing layout but we have 11 pumps and three heaters.

Any help on getting control of the admin will be step one.

Thanks this site has been useful already!!!

Welcome to the forum!
Can you fill out your signature? Really helps us help you. See Create Your Signature - Further Reading
It would be best if you went to the subject oriented sub forums and posted a thread there in Everything Else on your Intellicenter question. This forum is Introduce Yourself.
For balancing the water chemistry, a thread in Just Getting Started is best.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

K,

Welcome to TFP, we have several experts on Intellicenter and everything else pool! Glad it's working for you already. I'll get you started and ask one of them to chime in. @Jimrahbe @MyAZPool

Wow! That's quite a pool you must have. Can you please post some photos of the pool equipment pad and the pool itself? When you open the control panel and tap the LED screen can you do anything or are you prompted right away for a code? One thing you should know if you do a factory reset you'll have to re-enter all the programming. Not a super difficult thing but you'll need to spend some time and know ahead how you want your pool to be set up. Are you able to login using the app or desktop?

Chris

Was an email you control setup in the IntelliCenter? If so go to IntelliCenter and do a password reset through email. You should then be able to login and change and control your system.

4 digit code. 9999 tries. It may take a while but maybe you will get lucky early.

One thing you should know if you do a factory reset you'll have to re-enter all the programming. Not a super difficult thing but you'll need to spend some time and know ahead how you want your pool to be set up. Are you able to login using the app or desktop?

Page 91 in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...t/intellicenter/IntelliCenter_Users_Guide.pdf shows how to reset to factory defaults. But to get to that screen you need to be in the system.

I have not found a hardware factory reset. It may take a call to Pentair and I am not sure they will help an anonymous caller hack into a system.

I’m a jandy guy so not too familiar with that system but here are a few thoughts. If Your pool guy continues to have remote acces he will create havoc with your pool when and wherever he wants. It’s imperative that,his access is revoked . You really need to contact the mfg’s customer service line and explain your situation and get all old access removed via new password. He should have registered your equipment with the mfg so they should be able to find you in their warranty system. If there is a way to them to verify others logging in, get a copy of the log so you can forward to the pool builder with a cease and desist letter. Explain that any future unauthorized access by him to your system will land him in court.

Page 91 in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...t/intellicenter/IntelliCenter_Users_Guide.pdf shows how to reset to factory defaults. But to get to that screen you need to be in the system.

I have not found a hardware factory reset. It may take a call to Pentair and I am not sure they will help an anonymous caller hack into a system.
Thanks! I did call Pentair. I have a account since I have intelicenter. The tech said that this four digit code was setup by the admin who set the Pentair system up for our pool system. We have a call into Pentair asking who configured locally and seeing if they can come reset the system. I'm being told if the four digit code can't be found and we do a reset the intelicenter will require new programming. Just FYI for anyone else out looking for this same info ;0).

Thanks! I did call Pentair. I have a account since I have intelicenter. The tech said that this four digit code was setup by the admin who set the Pentair system up for our pool system. We have a call into Pentair asking who configured locally and seeing if they can come reset the system. I'm being told if the four digit code can't be found and we do a reset the intelicenter will require new programming. Just FYI for anyone else out looking for this same info ;0).
If you do end up getting in or have to reprogram you should download your configuration to a thumb drive. That way it's very easy to reconfigure.