Want to confirm something with iAqualink and Heater

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi everyone,

This weekend I tried to change the temp via the iAqualink app on my heater and it did not work. On/off for the heater is fine, but changing the temp via the app did not work so I had to change it on the heater itself. Is this a known issue or has this been solved? In looking at old posts, seems to be a known limitation, but wanted to confirm as well. I have a Rheem P-M406A-EP-C Propane heater.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

This weekend I tried to change the temp via the iAqualink app on my heater and it did not work. On/off for the heater is fine, but changing the temp via the app did not work so I had to change it on the heater itself. Is this a known issue or has this been solved? In looking at old posts, seems to be a known limitation, but wanted to confirm as well. I have a Rheem P-M406A-EP-C Propane heater.

Thanks!
Heater should be set for its maximum, 104. Let the Jandy do the rest. If you set the Jandy for 85 but the heater itself for 80, it will only heat to 80.

I use the slider on the main page of the iAquaLink app. However as stated above, the heater has to be physically set for 104 degrees which is the maximum. Then you can adjust to whatever you need for the pools or spa.
IMG_0272.png

Oh, so if I wanted the pool to be 86, I crank up the heater MANUALLY on the heater itself to the highest it will go, then I can back it back down on the app? Is setting it manually on the heater like the threshold on its range or something? Thanks!

Oh, so if I wanted the pool to be 86, I crank up the heater MANUALLY on the heater itself to the highest it will go, then I can back it back down on the app? Is setting it manually on the heater like the threshold on its range or something? Thanks!
The heater will only heat to the setting on the heater itself, regardless of any automation. It should be set to 104, the highest setting possible and let the Jandy do the rest.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.