Want to be able to turn heater without having to use SWCG?

MCF50

Aug 18, 2020
Houston
My system is set up such that under Pool and Spa there is a Toggle for Heater Off or Heater On. The only issue is when I turn the Pool on, the SWCG kicks on.....I have a feature called 'Pool Flow' that I use to just circulate water. How do can I also toggle heater on or off with the pump running but without the SWCG? If that makes any sense. Seems like there has to be a way to make a feature 'Heater' and when you turn it on the pool pump also turns on but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!!

Your signature does not say what automation system you are talking about.

I have an Intellicenter. When in pool or spa mode the SWCG is on. When in either pool or spa mode I have the option to turn the heater on or off via the app.

What I want to be able to do is turn on a pump and the heater when not in pool or spa mode in order to heat the pool overnight and not generate so much chlorine. So I have created a group circuit and I can get it to turn on the pump just fine, but for the life of me I cannot get the heater to kick on. On the portal and at the panel is says, "Gas Heater" "Type Gas" "Heater: 1" "Assigned to: Pool Spa".

Oops.. I didn't think of that.. :rolleyes: The IntelliCenter probably needs to be in the Pool or Spa mode to turn on the heater..

If you have any extra relays, you could route the AC power to the SWCG transformer through one of them... Make a group circuit that says Pool or Spa + Aux XX turns on SWCG.. Then when in just Pool or Spa mode, the cell would not get any power.

Personally, I can't think of any reason to run the pump and not make chlorine. Just turn the output % down to keep the chlorine level that you want. I like adding a little chlorine all the time, rather than a lots of chlorine over a shorter time. But, whatever works for you, works for me.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.