Jul 1, 2018
Syosset,NY
Hi, I am confused

I just have someone install SWCG system into timer and using Hayward 1 hp regular pump (SWCG system is off, process of clearing after opening, pump is running 24/7 now)
My understanding is when timer kicks in, the pump starts so as the SWCG.
But what happen if I switch to VS pump?
I don't think the VS pump will not turn on when the timer kicks on, so do you just leave the timer on position and just use pump's timer? then the SWG's no flow light will be on when it is not running, is that ok?
Can you tell me, how does it work if I switch to VS pump?
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!
If you install a VS pump, you will retain the timer for the SWCG only. You will set a schedule for the VS pump with its timer and scheduler and then set the timer for the SWCG within those pump run times. The SWCG should not be powered unless the pump is running.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Reactions: Philo
You can wire the VS pump through timer just not have it controlled by the timer. The SWCG would be wired through the timer and controlled by the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.