Bronze Supporter
Apr 9, 2020
Claremore, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I have read multiple posts through the years about not relying on SWCG flow switch as primary safety. I have a Core 55 and a Circupool Smartflo 1.5hp VSP. I plan on running them 24/7 and saw that this can help negate the need for a timer or anything.
Problem I have is that last time power went out, pump did not come back on...gave AC under voltage detected. When that happened, I had to unplug pump and plug it back in, so in that case, the SWCG will come back on, and if I'm not home, the pump stays off and I'm relying on flow switch as safety.
any way around that? Can SWCG be wired directly to VSP?

Problem I have is that last time power went out, pump did not come back on...gave AC under voltage detected. When that happened, I had to unplug pump and plug it back in, so in that case, the SWCG will come back on, and if I'm not home, the pump stays off and I'm relying on flow switch as safety
It's a rare occurrence, and the flow switch will perform its duty in those times.

Somebody running schedules has that concern every day, or even multiple times a day.

Reactions: 1poolman1
If it gives the "voltage sag" error, it stays off until you unplug it and plug it back in. Maybe I just got to accept flow switch as a backup if that happens again as new dude mentioned.
Just wondered if SWCG was wired directly to pump if that is doable and if it would help

Just wondered if SWCG was wired directly to pump if that is doable
My Pentair isn't capable but I'm not 100% sure about yours.

I think you'll always have some level of failure possible. Let's say you cure the power reset issue, but there is a suction side leak or a clogged pipe and you lose prime. Do you need a flow switch for the flow switch ? :ROFLMAO:

It'll never end, I swear. But if you remove the common faults, then relying on the flow switch every once in a while isn't so bad.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.