Hiram, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My liner is separating from the top of the pool. It seems to still be adhered to the wall. But, sliding down. My pool is about 5 years old. When it was installed, I noticed this area looked like it wasn’t totally tucked under the edge. But, my question is, can it be repaired? And, can it wait until the late fall? Pool contractors are really busy right now with new installations.

Attachments

• FD7FC9F3-32D6-4C97-B3C3-E8BFAA53F047.jpeg
    FD7FC9F3-32D6-4C97-B3C3-E8BFAA53F047.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 21
Hey Penny !! It looks out of place and not torn/ripped which is a huge plus. You should be able to massage it back in place starting at one of the sides. The liner may still be a bit firm from the colder weather, so you can use very warm water (but not boiling) to help it be more pliable if need be. After it’s in place, you need liner lock which is basically a small plastic wedge that you tap into place to hold it there. You can buy a 6 ft piece and cut it to size or sometimes a 25 ft roll of it.

I worry about using a hammer which can rip the liner when I (you) miss, so I used a 6 inch scrap of 2X4 and tapped that gently with a rubber mallet.

When mine does that I find it nearly impossible to do from the pool deck. If I’m in the pool it’s easy to pour the hot water on the area and then massage the liner into place. Sometimes I have to very carefully force it into the track with a flathead screwdriver. Only use the screwdriver on the thick part of the liner that goes into the track.. and be careful if you try that! It’s actually not that hard to do from inside the pool. The pool company’s seem to be able to do it all easy from the deck... not sure how they do it so easily.

Also, I hate to be the one to point it out because you’ll never unsee it, but you should already have some in the corners so you can see how it works for a better idea.

once the liner is in place the liner lock will push in enough to hold itself in place. A screwdriver works well to finish putting it in, but I am WAY too clumsy to risk stabbing the liner so I tap a wood block with a Mallot to finish it off. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to wait until it warms up a little and I can get in the pool. It's on the deep end, so I'll still have to float. It's not hanging. It's still adhered to the wall. My pool is in full sun, so I'm hoping I'll be able to work it without having to use hot water. We will see! Thanks for all the help. I sent a picture to the guy who installed my pool and he told me he "did repairs, but he was too busy with new installs to help me." I found a 6' piece of liner lock on ebay. I thought I was going to have to buy 125 ft for a minute there.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.