Vinyl liner replacement and concrete repair

NJ-Bob

Silver Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bridgewater, NJ
I am going to have my pool vinyl liner replaced and hopefully get a sagging section of my concrete pool deck repaired. My pool is in central NJ. Has anyone had any experiences with companies in the area for these types of repairs (good or bad)? The damaged deck area is right next to the pool so I don't think injecting foam under the concrete is an option. I have already contacted Riverview, Riverside, S&R, and Levco but only one has gotten back to me.

85 words, 915 short of one pic. Take several pics and give us an epic story without saying a word. 😁

Reactions: JamesW
I am going to have my pool vinyl liner replaced and hopefully get a sagging section of my concrete pool deck repaired. My pool is in central NJ. Has anyone had any experiences with companies in the area for these types of repairs (good or bad)? The damaged deck area is right next to the pool so I don't think injecting foam under the concrete is an option. I have already contacted Riverview, Riverside, S&R, and Levco but only one has gotten back to me.
X2, all depends on what’s there and what’s broke.

Hey, I appreciate the need for pictures if I am asking for advice for what to do about it but I am asking for references to companies that do pool construction and repair. There is a rip in the liner where the wall meets the floor and the condition of the liner there (completely faded pattern, brittle feel, at least 16 years old, gets the most sun there) strongly suggests its time for a new liner. The concrete has sunk several inches. I already had it leveled out by a mason but that only lasted a couple of years. Two or three concrete slabs need to be removed and the underlying ground needs to be releveled and possibly the one piece plastic molded steps needs to be raised involving removing and repositioning the coping. I can't pour leveling compound because that will cover the brass sockets the step rails are held in. So it's simple. I need a company that can do these kinds of repairs. Has anyone had any experience with the companies in my area for pool repairs?

Hey, I appreciate the need for pictures if I am asking for advice for what to do about it but I am asking for references to companies that do pool construction and repair. There is a rip in the liner where the wall meets the floor and the condition of the liner there (completely faded pattern, brittle feel, at least 16 years old, gets the most sun there) strongly suggests its time for a new liner. The concrete has sunk several inches. I already had it leveled out by a mason but that only lasted a couple of years. Two or three concrete slabs need to be removed and the underlying ground needs to be releveled and possibly the one piece plastic molded steps needs to be raised involving removing and repositioning the coping. I can't pour leveling compound because that will cover the brass sockets the step rails are held in. So it's simple. I need a company that can do these kinds of repairs. Has anyone had any experience with the companies in my area for pool repairs?
There are different trades for different things. Is it concrete decking, pavers, etc? Separate coping from the deck? Sounds like you have a pool cover with brass anchors? If the coping doesn’t need to be messed with, any concrete mason can do flat work. That’s why pictures might help.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.