Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Yep Will, love the stone too, looks like I am going to be copying everything you do!!! :D
We hit a couple of tile/stone spots in Vegas the other day, now have almost too many choices!

Can't wait to get started...

Thanks!
Copy away sir as I have stolen ideas from so many others. I wish I had the backyard space you had cause my pool would look just like your design lol.
And glad the places worked out. For stone I think Arizona Stone is the best place by far in town and the people are very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Will! That looks awesome!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! You always wonder how your choices will come out and if you read enough posts you also notice that the choices loom a little different after everything is complete and water is in.
I just hope it all continues to come together the way I see it in my mind but either way I'll be happy and worst case I could always change some stone or tile down the line lol

I have kinda of a silly question and I can't seem to find the right info online :/.
my pool will have the eztocuch 8 and screen logic along with a SWG. Does it come with a thermometer that syncs up to the app so I can always see the pool temp or is this something I need to purchase separate. Also does the system read the salt content in the pool or is that something that I will need to test for?

kim if you read this , the link you sent me was not part of the bundle so I'm not sure if I need the tf100 bundle or go for the deluxe with the skimmer angel and also do I just need to add a salt test or is that overkill.

Would love some help for this pool noob so I can purchase my stuff soon

I have kinda of a silly question and I can't seem to find the right info online :/.
my pool will have the eztocuch 8 and screen logic along with a SWG. Does it come with a thermometer that syncs up to the app so I can always see the pool temp or is this something I need to purchase separate. Also does the system read the salt content in the pool or is that something that I will need to test for?

kim if you read this , the link you sent me was not part of the bundle so I'm not sure if I need the tf100 bundle or go for the deluxe with the skimmer angel and also do I just need to add a salt test or is that overkill.

Would love some help for this pool noob so I can purchase my stuff soon

Big,

To add to what Brian said above.... ScreenLogic gets its salt reading from the IC40.. But, I believe it is always nice to be able to compare the system's readings with the actual amount of salt in the pool... that is why I always recommend that SWCG owners buy the Taylor K-1766 Salt test kit. The TF-100 has no salt tests.

And, if I'm spending your money anyway, :p Then I also recommend the SpeedStir as it makes testing faster and much more accurate.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you guys for the help! I can always count on you guys for the technical stuff.
One last question, do I need to buy the tf bundle and add the Taylor kit to it? Or is there a bundle that I'm not seeing with the salt.
And I'm definitely in for the speed stir and whale brush

I just got home from watching two of my kids I taught in Kindergarten graduate from TCC (Tallahassee Community College) with their AA! Both have been accepted to their college of chose! What a great feeling!

Will try this link: TFTestkits.net

None of the bundles they have have a salt test in them. If this fails try typing in TFTestkits.net You can also call Becky (the owner). The number is on the web site.

Kim:kim:

You can also order the TF-100 and the Speedstir bundle here: TF-100 + Speedstir

You can add the K-1766 salt kit and other stuff from that page also, if you choose. If you haven't already used it, don't forget about your "Silver Supporter" discount certificate.

BTW - great looking pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So it's been kind of slow moving on my end and hopefully work will ramp up in the next few days. We had a delay with the travertine coming in and we were waiting on the special spa stone for the spillway.
Work has been keeping me busy so I haven't had a ton of time to really think about my backyard to much. But life is about to slow down starting next week so I can get back on this and make sure the project starts moving at full speed.
I will say that because of all the DIYer post I decided to rip the carpet out of a hall closet and replace with some flooring. The wife was smart and made me start with a closet before I start tearing up something big on her new house Hahahaha
Coping was just dropped off today!

Well look who came out of the dark. Good to see you back. We just installed our travertine and the wife is thrilled with how cool it stays. I know that was important to you so well worth the wait.

Lol. It been very exciting following all you guys but at the same time a little hard since my project was on vacation. But I'm looking forward to going full speed.
The coolness is a high priority and everyone else on here is happy so I'm sure I will be as well, it's always hard when you just haven't touched it yourself and while your waiting on the install. I also have been seeing Magazines where they use big solid pieces of travertine instead of French pattern and the decking comes out real nice. I just want to close my eyes and wake up and my project be finished
I will say that a member had me curious about Marbella also and since mine wasn't delivered I considered going to take a look at some samples..... I'll be glad when it's all in so I can't make anymore changes lol.

Hey will! Awesome build man. Got a question about ur tile and all the curves. Since u used 6x6's did they lay pretty flat? I'm being pushed towards 2x2's to prevent winter popping. I know our winters are diff obviously bit do they lay pretty flat?

Sometimes I wish we didn't nix the spa but budget was getting in the way and our season is short so money was pushed to other areas. Would have been really nice now that my pool is actually framed up. I can see how nice it would have been.

Good luck finishing up!

Hey will! Awesome build man. Got a question about ur tile and all the curves. Since u used 6x6's did they lay pretty flat? I'm being pushed towards 2x2's to prevent winter popping. I know our winters are diff obviously bit do they lay pretty flat?

Sometimes I wish we didn't nix the spa but budget was getting in the way and our season is short so money was pushed to other areas. Would have been really nice now that my pool is actually framed up. I can see how nice it would have been.

Good luck finishing up!

The tiles do lay flat and from what I can see the only difference in some of the curves is the amount of mortar they use to make them all even. Funny part is I never even thought about it until you mentioned it and it made me curious cause what you said makes sense.
And I completely understand on the spa, when we were going with a PB we took out the spa cause they wanted to add another 10k. But since we went with a Sub contractor we brought the spa back and all kind of other stuff and still came in way under the builder. Nice part is you can always add a spa later when budget permits but you also might find that you don't need it. Either way your pool is coming out great and will be fantastic when finished

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.