Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Thank you all for the help and clarification, how you all explained it makes sense. And there will be ALOT of peeing machines hahaha and that grosses the wife out so I guess I need to keep some bleach on hand at all times lol. I went with a IC40 but when it goes I will do a IC60.
And I'm going to search through J & M DIYer threads to see if I can find something ...... if not I just think I gave her the idea for her next project ;). Although just a rack with screws sounds right up my alley since I can buy a towel rack lol

you should follow me on Pinterest I've been pinning cocktail recipes and towel/pool float holders like a boss

So it has been a slow week but we did have some more progress on coping. It's just about all done and mortar except spa. The guy did a fantastic job and made great cuts. I'm still looking forward to my stacked stone on my spa which is my favorite part of the pool. As soon as coping Is done the decking starts right after.
Sheer decent installed

Spa that still needs to be done

They did a great job with your coping. You should be thrilled. And you get your nice cool surface. We had a similar situation with our spa. I really didn't want to pull the tile off but we just kept looking at it and it just never looked right. So we got out the hammer drill and chipped it all off. Give it a day or two and see what you think. If you like it then keep it. If not, you can borrow my hammer drill. [emoji1]

Beautiful job on your pool! We just signed a contract for our first pool and I am completely overwhelmed on material choices. I've been told I need to start with the raised wall as that will be the feature that stands out most on our particular pool. I love your raised wall, could you tell me the stone you used?

Thanks! I'm very happy with it, only thing I'm not sure about is the tile on the wings of the spa. But I was told it's better to go with tile than the ledger stone (I wanted the ledger stone) . I'll just have to see how it comes out

Great tile job, but those "wings" also caught my eye. :/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They did a great job with your coping. You should be thrilled. And you get your nice cool surface. We had a similar situation with our spa. I really didn't want to pull the tile off but we just kept looking at it and it just never looked right. So we got out the hammer drill and chipped it all off. Give it a day or two and see what you think. If you like it then keep it. If not, you can borrow my hammer drill. [emoji1]
I may have to take you up on that hammer drill if the spa spill way doesn't look correct once the next set of stone is in lol.
This was the most important part of my build to me so I'm watching it closely
Will, You are doing bling on the spillway itself right? I think the spa "wings" look alright as is but what if you did those "wings" with the bling too.... just a thought.
I will be doing a stacked stone spillway like the pic below . I'm only doing bling on the steps for marker tiles. I love the bling but don't want to do the clean lol.

Beautiful job on your pool! We just signed a contract for our first pool and I am completely overwhelmed on material choices. I've been told I need to start with the raised wall as that will be the feature that stands out most on our particular pool. I love your raised wall, could you tell me the stone you used?

The wall definitely stands out and I put a planter behind the middle of mine along with a sheer decent. I will have a feature tree there once I do landscaping. The stone is called Lux rock, you can see the complete tag of it below

Great tile job, but those "wings" also caught my eye. :/

I have been googling imagines and it does seem like they don't put ledger stone on wings of spa when they do the stacked stone ;/.
But I still think I need to change to something more neutral there so it doesn't take the attention off the spill way. But the craftsmanship has been excellent:). So I'm sure whatever happens they will continue to do an excellent job

Will, I have seen some raised spas that are doing the spillway like you are and it looks more natural and has more flow to do the ledger stone on the wings. It makes visual sense bc the ledger stone is on the wall and the spa itself and then covering the spillway so why would there be tile separating the spillway stone from the stone on the wall and side of the spa?

This is kind of hard to see but they did the stone on the "wing" area and only did tile inside the spa at the waterline
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/26/7e/55/267e55b19355a7bd47d838028777355f.jpg

Zoom in and you will see the stone on the wing area
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/9c/df/179cdf312bcd7f2864edd59b3eaad699.jpg

Another one with stone on wing area
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/3161b88b00088d94_3-9840/mediterranean-pool.jpg

And another
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/5704954098_f58cbd6918_z.jpg

So maybe your PB or the designer never puts the stone there but it is and can be done. I personally think it makes much more sense to have the stone continue on and not be interrupted by the tile like it currently is. Good luck!

I will be doing a stacked stone spillway like the pic below . I'm only doing bling on the steps for marker tiles. I love the bling but don't want to do the clean lol.

Will, so sorry I missed that in your massive thread. LOL

I agree with your additional comment about going to a more neutral tile if they won't do the stone. Maybe you can find a tile close to the same color / texture as shown in your example photo but matching your color palette.

I have been googling imagines and it does seem like they don't put ledger stone on wings of spa when they do the stacked stone ;/.
But I still think I need to change to something more neutral there so it doesn't take the attention off the spill way. But the craftsmanship has been excellent:). So I'm sure whatever happens they will continue to do an excellent job

I agree on all counts! :)
Have enjoyed following your build. Can't wait to see it completed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.