Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Idk if my vac has a magnet in it and the builders put another magnet in the corner of my steps or what but this is where my vacuum spends 85% of the time. I can sit out there and move it every 2 min. Anything I can do?

Attachments

• 720C7EBC-EF5B-481B-A7DF-2F87D498A6EE.jpeg
    720C7EBC-EF5B-481B-A7DF-2F87D498A6EE.jpeg
    635.8 KB · Views: 22
That's not a vacuum. That's a pressure-side cleaner. Vacuums suck water into the filter or skimmer.

You can try adjusting the jet in the back of the Polaris. Given the way it gets stuck, perhaps pointing the jet a little to the right (as viewed from behind) will help it turn right and get out of that corner.

Agree with Squirrel, rotate the jet in the back 180 degrees that will make it point in the opposite direction and may fix the problem. You can also reduce the amount of flow to the tail by adjusting the set screw near the base of the tail. That will give a little more speed and toque to the wheels and may help it climb the step instead of getting stuck. Last thing you can try is if you have a VS pump increase the rpm it uses while the cleaner is on, again will add some speed and torque and help the cleaner climb a bit better.

Thank you guys for all the tips, wasn’t aware of any of that. Didn’t know it wasn’t a vacuum either. Just got the house with the pool so I’m learning daily. I ordered new tires because I can see the wheel still turning but the tire slipping so figured maybe the tires were a little wore out. I’ll try adjusting it also. Thanks

Another possibility is that your back-up valve isn't working. That's the big white triangular thing partway down the hose. It contains a clockwork mechanism which, every few minutes, should pull the 280 backwards, precisely in order to get out of places it may be stuck in.

If you don't have the manual, you can get it here.

Speaking of the reverse jet, it seems to not be working properly. It is constantly spraying which doesn’t let the vac move around. It just started happening. Do you just put a new reverse valve on or is there a fix for it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.