Vacation and FC

Michaelg90

Mar 10, 2019
Orlando
I’m heading out of town for 14 days and my parents will be staying at the house. They can place FC and acid in the pool when necessary. I was thinking of placing SLAM level FC (currently FC of 16) the night before we leave with instructions to place the same amount of 238oz every 4th day. I have logged my FC loss and it’s usually 1.5-2.5 a day. In addition to FC I was going to instruct them to place 1.5-2 cups of acid 30 mins after the FC diluted since our PH tends to rise given it’s a new pool and we have no screen and direct sunlight for like 8+ hours each morning.

Does this sound accurate or should I tweak anything? Tested CYA this morning (please see my other post) and other key tests and were in good shape to leave.

Thanks for all your help.

FC and Chlorine adds are fine.

Any chance they can do the pH test? Add acid as you describe if at x.x or above.

If I plan to add slam level FC tonight, do I have to keep pump on 24/7 or can I let the pool run for 2 hours and then let it turn off until normal operating hours? I don’t plan to keep it at slam levels as I have no algae or unclear water. Simply trying to add a lot of FC at once for vacation.

If you are not following the SLAM Process, no need to keep pump running.

Your liquid chemical will be dispersed with 30 minutes or more of pump run time after adding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.