Using lots of acid

So let me ask, how would I want to change it? Currently the water leaves the filter and some goes to the spa and the rest returns to the pool. If i make it pool only the spa water wont be circulated.
You would set up a Feature Circuit for Spillway. Schedule it to run for 30 minutes twice a day. The Feature will move your actuated valve from pool return to spa return. The actuated valve for suction would remain from the pool. That will then run the Spillway for enough time each day (which you can adjust if you see an issue) to chlorinate the spa water.

Reactions: Fishy1234
You would set up a Feature Circuit for Spillway. Schedule it to run for 30 minutes twice a day. The Feature will move your actuated valve from pool return to spa return. The actuated valve for suction would remain from the pool. That will then run the Spillway for enough time each day (which you can adjust if you see an issue) to chlorinate the spa water.
How about the freeze protection in winter? Right now water will flow through all the pipes while in freezing temperatures. I do not winterize.

The Easytouch takes care of freeze protection. It automatically runs the Spillway mode every so often when in freeze protect.

oh my gosh.. I have a salt water pool and a huge spa spill over an have struggled so had with PH issues since 2013!! I am going to try and figure out this spill over issue and see if that helps! I have hayward goldline automation, 4 relay... no idea how to change my spill over I thought it had to do that!!

I am not familiar with that automation system. If you have any documentation, look for Spillway or Spillover. Most automation systems have it so you can program it.

I am not familiar with that automation system. If you have any documentation, look for Spillway or Spillover. Most automation systems have it so you can program it.
I went out and looked at my control panel and it does have a spillway button and I pushed it and its like its inactive.... I will research further... thanks so much

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you guys sure the liquid chlorine is not causing my PH to spike? Yesterday I added 3/4 gallon acid because PH was 7.8, Alkalinity was 80. At midnight i added 1 gallon of chlorine and PH is 7.8, Alkalinity 75 today.

Are you guys sure the liquid chlorine is not causing my PH to spike? Yesterday I added 3/4 gallon acid because PH was 7.8, Alkalinity was 80. At midnight i added 1 gallon of chlorine and PH is 7.8, Alkalinity 75 today.

What % acid are you using?

Test and adjust pH before you add chlorine. Chlorine slightly raise pH when you add it and then lowers pH when it sanitizes. Net effect is pH neutral. If you test pH after you add chlorine you are only seeing one side of the process.

What % acid are you using?

Test and adjust pH before you add chlorine. Chlorine slightly raise pH when you add it and then lowers pH when it sanitizes. Net effect is pH neutral. If you test pH after you add chlorine you are only seeing one side of the process.
So I am using 14% acid. Usually add acid during the day Noon time, then add chlorine at midnight, then check levels at 11am - 1pm, and add again.

It feels like a lot of acid when you use half strength acid. If you could get 31.45% acid you would be adding about 3/8 a gallon and it would not feel like so much.

Getting your spillover under control will reduce your pH rise and acid needs.

It feels like a lot of acid when you use half strength acid. If you could get 31.45% acid you would be adding about 3/8 a gallon and it would not feel like so much.

Getting your spillover under control will reduce your pH rise and acid needs.
I went to home depot and lowes yesterday and neither place had 31.45 acid. Looked in paint dept, and outdoor area where they keep the pool supplies. I wound up buying 4 cases of 14%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.