Upper limit to salt level?

That is on the high side. Some SWG's will shutoff around 4500 to protect the cell. Higher salinity will draw more current through the cell.

Your signature does not say what SWG you have.

I don't have a SWG (I should have clarified that in my original post).

Then nothing to worry about. No health risk.

Salt is in liquid chlorine and accumulates in water over time if you don't have a reason to drain your pool.

Many people say they like the feel of water with salt in it. Some people can taste the salt when it is over 3000 ppm. Salt levels do effect your CSI calculation.

Over 5000 ppm is considered potentially harmful to equipment, metals in the pool, etc. Some SWCG's shut down at high salt levels, some report it but still generate.

I was told by a SWG manufacturer that if the salt level is 500ppm or above recomended it should be turned down below %80 output until the salt level is brought down. For that reason alone I run my salt level just a little below what is recomended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.