North Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am looking at upgrading to an 8 from a 5 so I can separate out my bubblers and pool lights. Probably $750. Seems high to me any thoughts on this? Thanks

@rellumd
Your signature says you have an i8PS (or maybe that's a B when I looked closer ;)). I assume it should currently read i5PS.
You will need the i8 daughter card (Personality Kit). This is the expansion card that slide connects to your i5P main board.
Part # is: 521968Z
However if I were going to replace a daughter card, I would just get the i10 daughter card (521873Z) to better future proof. Shouldn't be hardly that much more I wouldn't think.
Give Polytec Pools a call.
r.

Last edited:
@rellumd
Your signature says you have an i8PS (or maybe that's a B when I looked closer ;)). I assume it should currently read i5PS.
You will need the i8 daughter card (Personality Kit). This is the expansion card that slide connects to your i5P main board.
Part # is: 521968Z
However if I were going to replace a daughter card, I would just get the i10 daughter card (521873Z) to better future proof. Shouldn't be hardly that much more I wouldn't think.
Give Polytec Pools a call.
r.
Eagle eye, The contract for the PB says 5 however the diagram of the pool says 8, So now I sit with a 5. PB says he will make the swap at cost, but I thought $750 seems to have quite a markup :)

@rellumd
Gotcha... Yup, I know it seems outrageous for a little circuit board. They (Pentair) really seem to sock it to you when it comes to the little upgrade parts.
If my memory is not too far gone, last time I checked, that's about right.
Thanks..
r.

Reactions: rellumd
@rellumd
Gotcha... Yup, I know it seems outrageous for a little circuit board. They (Pentair) really seem to sock it to you when it comes to the little upgrade parts.
If my memory is not too far gone, last time I checked, that's about right.
Thanks..
r.
A tier 1 Raspberry Pi that does more is like $45 :) I guess I will pay up

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.