Unsure about what chemicals to add after emptying and restarting my pool in AZ.

Zaida

Mar 16, 2024
Arizona
Hi, we just emptied our AZ pool and need help figuring out what specific chemicals to add after refilling our pool. My husband also downloaded the app and enter our pool details, gallons, etc., but we are not getting any results.

Hi, we just emptied our AZ pool and need help figuring out what specific chemicals to add after refilling our pool. My husband also downloaded the app and enter our pool details, gallons, etc., but we are not getting any results.
Do I need all these chemicals and if so how much of each?
Scale and stain solution
Alkalinity increaser
pH increaser or decreaser
Calcium hardness increaser
Chlorine tablets
Shock chlorine
Cyanuric acid
Algaecide

Hey Zaida and Welcome !!!
My husband also downloaded the app and enter our pool details, gallons, etc., but we are not getting any results.
Poolmath is AWESOME. But it's just a calculator and you need to know your own equation or it's as useless as any other calculator in the same scenario. For example, the pool is 150 CH but you want to be at 350. It'll tell you what / how much to add if you ask it such.

Post up #s of your pool and fill water and we'll go from there.

How are you testing ?

Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
FC/CYA Levels

Welcome to the forum.
Most of Arizona has pretty hard water, so the CH and TA will be sufficient/high in your fresh fill.
You will need CYA/Stabilizer, muriatic acid, and liquid chlorine.

Read Pool Care Basics

Reactions: Zaida
Hi

Poolmath is AWESOME. But it's just a calculator and you need to know your own equation or it's as useless as any other calculator in the same scenario. For example, the pool is 150 CH but you want to be at 350. It'll tell you what / how much to add if you ask it such.

How are you testing ?

Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
FC/CYA Levels
FC/CYA Levels

How are you testing ?

Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
FC/CYA Levels
Hi, we have a 15,680 gallons, inground pool. We just finished refilling it today. Please let me know what other info would be needed to determine the chemicals and quantities. Thanks

We have not tested the water yet. We are almost close to refilling the pool. My husband is getting a water test kit as we speak. Any specific one you would recommend?
Chances are any test kit you purchase locally isn't going to provide the necessary tests to maintain your pool properly.
You would be better served ordering a TF-Pro orTF-Pro Salt (if you have a SWG) from tftestkits.net

While you may think thats a lot of money for a test kit, it will more than pay for itself within the first season.
Test Kits Compared

While waiting for your test kit to arrive (if you order today, it will ship tomorrow and you'll receive it by the end of the week (or sooner), have a read thru:
Pool Care Basics
FC/CYA Levels

For inspiration
How Clear is TFP Clear?

You will need to add some chlorine once the pool is full and the pump is on.
With a fresh fill, you can use 3" tri-chlor tabs for a few days while waiting on your test kit.
Being in AZ with our hard water and high evaporation rates, do NOT add any calcium (CH) increaser withput accurate test results and advice from this forum.

Tell us a bit more about your pool by filling out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit information. This will assist us in providing help with needing to ask you each time.

Reactions: Bperry and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support