*UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1/11/2020 *

Thank you for seeing our vision too.

Grout color is not final. So far Antique White is in the running. It appears to match one of the colors in the accent tile. Going to check with PB to see if there are any other options.

40123312-1B2A-4D40-B9C6-C298C84E0E7B.jpeg226141E8-B421-4826-B696-FA47EED3FD61.jpeg

Spoke with PB and terra cotta grout color is available. We will mostly go with that vs. having a light grout against the dark tile.

BFA08E08-B988-4F5C-9DF8-9451040BDB9B.jpeg

Progress being made. Deck scheduled to pour on 3/2/2020. Coping is protected, foam is in place, new drains added, stair handrail is in and mounts are bonded. IMG_2011.JPEGIMG_2002.JPEG60444782456__267DD560-F84A-48B4-AADF-830BFF671D9E.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That pour won't be very thick. 2X4 framing and no gravel yet. Make sure the grade is compacted and that they use concrete chairs or standees to support the wire mesh keeping it in the middle of the pour otherwise when they walk all over it during the pour it'll end up on the bottom of the slab.

Reactions: Bob/335
That pour won't be very thick. 2X4 framing and no gravel yet. Make sure the grade is compacted and that they use concrete chairs or standees to support the wire mesh keeping it in the middle of the pour otherwise when they walk all over it during the pour it'll end up on the bottom of the slab.

They definitely aren't done prepping for the pour.

Thank you.

The pool deck and driveway were poured today. There are some issues because there was a 1.75 hour gap between 2nd and 3rd mixers. So the deck is inconsistent in two areas where the patch pour is. PB and his concrete hefe showed up LATE (after pump, mixer#1 and all help) on the pour date and decided they needed four mixers vs. the two that were scheduled. I explained to the PB had you or your guy visited my house and did some math this could have been avoided. PB showed up in a white polo shirt. I wanted to throw concrete mud on him. Very frustrating how these people play with your money.

The rest looks good.

We will see how long it lasts.9E8665D4-4A44-46A5-88DF-5F0B45B48B33.jpeg

The day after the pool deck was poured during dry mild weather 3 cracks developed out of the control joints. One is a shear failure top to bottom through the middle of a section, and the other two appear to be less severe for now. Too soon for a newly poured deck IMO. There is no Rebar in the concrete. The PB stated on a few occasions prior to the deck pour using fiber in the special concrete with no added fly ash would be sufficient for the deck. I called the concrete company and they said there was no fiber in the mix.

It has rained on and off for the past week. I am seeing the plumbing and electrical trenches sinking into the ground. Some of the sunken area goes under the deck by at least 6' with a gap wide enough for me to feed a tap measure in. The trenches outside of the desk are more muddy than the undisturbed soil around them.

Does anyone know how this spillover should be attached to the beam and the sides?

IMG_2186.JPEGIMG_2195.JPEGIMG_2298.JPEGIMG_2296.JPEG

Last edited:
IMG_2265.JPEGIMG_2264.JPEGIMG_2279.JPEG

Ready to put this project on pause. Not sure what will happen next. Mother nature will hold up the finishing steps for at least another week. Why did I get a pool???

Last edited:
Moving forward ALL communications MUST be in writing! You need a paper trail for just in case. In fact go back and paper trail telling him about the above problems if they were not in writing. Attach the pics as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.