*UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1/11/2020 *

Timujin

Silver Supporter
Nov 25, 2019
121
Riverside, CA
We have a weeper. Somehow this is supposed to dry. Water is flowing from the pipe or from under the deck. The ground is saturated all around the deck.



893CB07C-CCFF-4C85-8FB7-AEBCF72192EC.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Timujin

Silver Supporter
Nov 25, 2019
121
Riverside, CA
11 days ago the PB texted me at 7AM, to say the electricians will be out at 11AM to finish. I tell him to call them off as I didn't want anyone working at my house (COVID) and I was unaware until the day of. In addition, the dirt around my equipment pads was heavily saturated mud. So at 11:30AM electricians are at my door with the PB. This PB is really testing my patience. Well, the electric is done and they made a mess. Plumber now has to come back and reset the pads and pressurize the plumbing. After doing my walk around, I realized the electricians mistook a water pipe for a light fixture and removed a cap opening up the sealed pressurized plumbing. Or they jacked up something on the equipment pads and caused a leak. Then needed to release the pressure and cut a capped pipe. Of course, I tell the PB and he says it's ok they will remove the caps for plaster. No sheet!!! My pool won't be plastered for at least 2 more weeks. Looking at 2"- 4" of rain over the next 4 days.

Pool step marker tiles were set.

I need to install a removable gated fence around the pool. Then I can have the pre-plaster inspection done. Has anyone done something like this? Angel Guard Pool Fencing of Southern California | Pool Fences Cost is $2400 for 118' of 5' high fence with a locking gate.

I know the shell isn't sealed, but these areas where there is water coming in due to rain seem like areas where plaster will separate first.

IMG_2507.JPEGIMG_2502.JPEGIMG_2504.JPEG

IMG_2477.JPEG
 

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
6,301
Central MD
Water coming through a shell without plaster is normal. No sign of anything to come. Of course if there is a faucet spraying from the gunite, they shouldn’t plaster.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Timujin

Timujin

Silver Supporter
Nov 25, 2019
121
Riverside, CA
Removable pool fence was installed yesterday. Pre-plaster inspection passed today. Stonescapes Zanzibar pebble is scheduled for Friday. The weather should be in the 60s then a 40% chance of rain Friday night. 60% chance it won't rain. Time to test my fill water.

IMG_2685.jpeg
 

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
45,850
Tallahassee, FL
That plaster is going to make some PRETTY water color!!!

LOL yeah..............they all need to come up and out!! You and I both know someone is going to do something to hit!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Timujin

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
45,850
Tallahassee, FL
SWEET!!! Mr. fence guy tell me again how he only needs to take out ONE piece????? LOL

You will need to put socks or such over the end of the hoses to help filter the water and keep the metal part off that pretty, new plaster.

Once water starts being added to the pool do NOT stop it!! Stopping it could cause a ring in the plaster. Keep the water flowing until it is half way up the skimmer face.

Now if you want to get real "high tech" you can write down where your water meter is when you start filling. Try to not do any laundry and limit other water use as possible. When it is done filling write down the water meter number again. That is about how many gallons your pool is! Of course the house use of water will take a bit away but not much.

Kim:kim:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Timujin

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
45,850
Tallahassee, FL
SWEET!!!! So tell me about those step/bench tiles! Did they cut the big tiles or are they little ones made to match the big one? How neat that they match!!

Kim:kim:
 

Timujin

Silver Supporter
Nov 25, 2019
121
Riverside, CA
SWEET!!!! So tell me about those step/bench tiles! Did they cut the big tiles or are they little ones made to match the big one? How neat that they match!!

Kim:kim:
Those little tiles are the 2” version of the 6” deco tile.

In the end, the plaster company knocked one off in the spa and didn’t set it even. So now we have a “shooting star”, or “the one that got away”...you get the idea.

Stuff like this in inevitable the more bodies you have working on a project. My neighbor is getting a pool from another company and the PB told them the job will not be 100% perfect upfront. I told my neighbor if you comb over my job you will see flaws. There are many. My neighbor and I are like “why are some rulers different???“

ANYHOO it will be in the 90s in 6 days. Time to put this pool to use!

Pool water color inspired by the white sands Bahamas beaches.

The Cove beach.jpgIMG_2804.jpgIMG_9399.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: bmoreswim