Port St Lucie, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
i just had a new pentair mastertemp 250 heater installed replacing an old mastertemp 250. i was able to control temp from iphone/ipad using the screenlogic app for many years with old heater. after new heater installation i am unable to do so. i can control lights and waterfall but not the temp. the install tech connected the heater with the 120 vac. should it be 240 vac? or does it not matter? the low voltage wire is connected the same way as on the old one as shown in attached photo. the tech did not access the easytouch panel so everything there is as it was with old heater. any suggestions as to how i can once again control the temp from my devices?

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 12
You say you can’t control temp.

What does your heater do?

Does it turn on and generate heat?

You say you can’t control temp.

What does your heater do?

Does it turn on and generate heat?
it can only be operated and functional at the unit itself. my goal is to be able to control it from my device using screenlogic. i was able to do that prior to the new install

it can only be operated and functional at the unit itself.

Can you be more specific on what that means?

You can turn the heater on using it’s control panel?

The heater will turn on and run until what temperature is reached?

Does the heater cycle to maintain a temperature?
my goal is to be able to control it from my device using screenlogic. i was able to do that prior to the new install

You will reach your goal if you can help explain what your heater does, not what it does not do.

my heater is brand new and works perfectly. it does everything it's supposed to do as long as i control it from the control panel - i.e.- power & temp. it reaches whatever temp i set it at. it runs perfectly. no cycling on and off. however, i cannot control it from my iphone using screenlogic. so my issue is NOT with the heater itself. it is with controlling the temp through my device. as i stated i can control other pool functions with my device such as waterfall and lighting. so i know screenlogic is working from my device.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Without a signature filled out I have no idea what you have - please fill out your signature.

Try it with it enabled.

Your pool must be in Pool Mode for the heater to operate.

my heater is brand new and works perfectly.
Except for the remote control function.
it does everything it's supposed to do as long as i control it from the control panel - i.e.- power & temp. it reaches whatever temp i set it at. it runs perfectly.

When your heater runs perfectly how is HEAT set on your ET?

What is the desired water temperature set to and what is actual water temperature?

Is HEAT turned on?
no cycling on and off.

The heater should cycle anytime the water temperature drops below the heat setpoint.
however, i cannot control it from my iphone using screenlogic. so my issue is NOT with the heater itself. it is with controlling the temp through my device. as i stated i can control other pool functions with my device such as waterfall and lighting. so i know screenlogic is working from my device.
It is not clear to me anything is wrong other then you should stop using the heater control panel. Leave the heater in POOL or SPA mode with the heater temperature set to maximum.

Then what happens when you set a water temperature above the existing temperature on your phone?

It is not clear to me anything is wrong other then you should stop using the heater control panel. Leave the heater in POOL or SPA mode with the heater temperature set to maximum.

Then what happens when you set a water temperature above the existing temperature on your phone?
heater IS in pool mode. temp IS set to max (104). pool is at 88 degrees. when i try to increase from screenlogic app nothing happens.

Geb,

All the EasyTouch does is close a small relay on the main board.. This closes the fireman's loop for the heater..

As a test. you can manually turn on the heater by just shorting the two wires, that are connected to the Gas heater connector (J19) on the EasyTouch's main board as seen below.. If the heater does not start heating then it is not an EasyTouch problem. Either the cable going to your heater has an open somewhere or the fireman's fuse is open/blown..

If the heater works, when the two wires are connected, then something in the EasyTouch is not closing the small relay or the relay is bad.

Edit.. Upon further review, I agree with Allen below.. I was thinking that your heater had a remote mode and a local mode, which it does not... :(

Do you have a voltmeter???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
@Jimrahbe the pic in post #1 shows a wire connected to the fireman’s switch.

In post #7 it is said the heater runs fine from the heater control panel.

That means either..
  1. The 2 wires are shorted together
  2. the ET heater relay is stuck closed
  3. The ET is properly commanding heat
Next step should be to open the ET and check the heater relay pins for continuity using a multimeter.

Although I can’t get a straight answer if the ET is set to call for heat or not.

Geb, often times it’s the settings that need clarity, please post pics or your ScreenLogic so we can confirm there is indeed a call for heat. The fireman switch just turns the the heater on or off, it does dictate temp through the actual heater but the temperature sensor that is in the plumbing from the easytouch. That’s why the heater needs to be set to max temp settings. Than further diagnosis can be recommended, like the low voltage to the easytouch is being crossed or the relay is stuck closed(as stated above). The more pictures and information will help with getting to the answer as quickly as possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.