Trying to figure out how many gallons my pool is?

Welcome to the forum!
I would guesstimate 10000 gallons is close for now.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
I would guesstimate 10000 gallons is close for now.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I do have multiple test kits although could use some higher reading chlorine tests. The winter was fine, crystal clear water, not much to do except about a cup of muriatic acid a week. The summer hit and the pool started to get a bit cloudy and I noticed I have to add a cup of muriatic acid each day to keep pH in check. That's the stronger 30% muriatic acid.
I had to leave for 6 days, came back and pool green. It tested like this:
FC = 0
TC = 0.5
pH = 8.2+
AK = 80
CYA = 35

I added acid in parts and re-tested every 45 min ~ 1 hour and sure enough it took 6 8 oz cups of acid to bring pH back down. 1 cup per day as usual, I was gone 6 days.
At that point FC = 1 ~ 2 (wasn't reading when ph was so far off).

I set the SWG to super chlorinate last night and let it run over night.

I've read the SLAM link and watched the youtube video etc. My struggle is with how many gallons I'm dealing with? Seems like I've been fighting a cloudy pool and now green for about 2 months and without knowing how many gallons I feel like I'm just over or under doing things.

Found the below on google. See if this gets you in the range you're expecting. good luck.

Freeform pools should be treated as circular pools if trying to calculate gallons. Diameter x Diameter x Average Depth x 6 = Total gallons

Did you test your CYA levels or did they? It would take over 4 pounds of stabilizer to raise the CYA level in a 10k gallon pool from 50 to 100. Your pool volume is important but one of those tests has to be wrong if you only added 2 pounds of stabilizer.

Found the below on google. See if this gets you in the range you're expecting. good luck.

Freeform pools should be treated as circular pools if trying to calculate gallons. Diameter x Diameter x Average Depth x 6 = Total gallons

Thanks found something similar here:

I've also been reading links on chemical tests to figure it out. Here's one example:

Did you test your CYA levels or did they? It would take over 4 pounds of stabilizer to raise the CYA level in a 10k gallon pool from 50 to 100. Your pool volume is important but one of those tests has to be wrong if you only added 2 pounds of stabilizer.

At that time they were testing my pool. I went back a 2nd time a few days later and it still tested 100. Perhaps the person who gave me the 50 reading messed up. That was just one of multiple issues I had with them testing and advising dosing so I gave up on that and now test myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.