Trouble Deciding on Color

Oct 27, 2018
Upstate New York
Hi everyone!

I posted a while back asking about fiberglass pools and asking for opinions on shape and size and how to pick the right builder.

I’ve finally decided on a builder and the Viking Venice or Trilogy Genesis (same shape just under the different “labels” I guess).

I’m contemplating going with the Viking’s granite color or the Trilogy river rock. I like the look of the river rock in a lot of pictures but there are certain pictures where it looks so dark I’m a little nervous using it for a deep pool. I don’t want to not be able to see the bottom, more importantly I want others to feel safe jumping in.

Does anyone have either of these colors and some insight on my depth concerns? Or maybe a dark grey or black liner?

I appreciate any help!

Ummmmm If it is a fiberglass pool I thought it does not have a liner so there is not picking the color..............ready to learn so tell me the details. THANKS!

Kim, I think the OP is looking for some general insight and ramifications of having a darker colored pool, regardless of its construction. I think.

Ummmmm If it is a fiberglass pool I thought it does not have a liner so there is not picking the color..............ready to learn so tell me the details. THANKS!
Yes, sorry, I tend to ramble so might not have been too clear. It is a fiberglass pool so I’m just picking the color of the pool itself :)

The only pools I’ve ever seen have been some variation of light blue (which is pretty!) but when I look at pictures I’m drawn to the darker colors. My PB has let me see quite a few of his builds but he’s never done the darker grey color.

Yes, sorry, I tend to ramble so might not have been too clear. It is a fiberglass pool so I’m just picking the color of the pool itself :)

The only pools I’ve ever seen have been some variation of light blue (which is pretty!) but when I look at pictures I’m drawn to the darker colors. My PB has let me see quite a few of his builds but he’s never done the darker grey color.
Got ya! I am going to share a link with you that has different liner color. There are some gray ones and they are OH SO PRETTY!! I LOVE the water color!!!

We just installed an IG vinyl liner pool, and went with a dark grey liner. Just based off online photos, our liner color looks darker than the river rock photo (it seems closer to the mystic lake color for fiberglass). But in real life, our pool is not dark dark. We can easily see to the bottom. I LOVE the water color with the grey.

We just installed an IG vinyl liner pool, and went with a dark grey liner. Just based off online photos, our liner color looks darker than the river rock photo (it seems closer to the mystic lake color for fiberglass). But in real life, our pool is not dark dark. We can easily see to the bottom. I LOVE the water color with the grey.

I’m so happy to hear this! The Mystic Lake color is beautiful, very natural looking. Can I ask you how deep your water is?

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Got ya! I am going to share a link with you that has different liner color. There are some gray ones and they are OH SO PRETTY!! I LOVE the water color!!!

Kim, it’s funny you posted that thread - it’s actually what inspired me to ask this question!
There are so many beautiful grey liners out there that made me think maybe someone has a dark grey fiberglass pool they’d share. My real concern was being able to see the bottom clearly with darker colors especially with depth, it went into it a little with someone with a black liner being able to see their children but I wasn’t sure how deep it was.

I’ve seriously lurked on here for so many things - is a diving depth necessary, is there such thing as a too small pool, should I get tile - and there’s always a helpful thread! You guys are the best!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sure!

I would have went darker if the liner manufacturer our PB uses had it. I wanted Onyx, but settle for this one (the darkest they made) and like it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.