Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Calling all in-ground vinyl liner peeps! Whether its old or new, if you know the name of your liner pattern, please post a pic of your pool with water in it, with mfg and pattern name.

This is a social experiment to see if we can help answer the liner-shopper's most pressing question: "What would this liner look like in the water?" A few of us (myself included) are liner shopping around here and there's a dearth of in pool pics showing the liner patterns in situ.

Thanks in advance for all who can post!

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Here's what a 15 year old Prism pattern looks like in my pool. Don't know if it started life as a royal prism or a prism. Deep end hopper has worn to white...otherwise I wouldn't change it as the tone works for me ;)

No idea what the border was, but haven't found it anywhere.
image.jpg

Attachments

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Swampwoman,
I really hope you get a ton of replies with photos because I am getting a new liner and really stressing about how they will look with water in them! It's impossible for me to just imagine what the water color will be by looking at a sample. So please post those photos people.... ;)
Can't wait to see the photos! And if I ever decide which liner I'm getting, I will post the info too. I'm running out of time......
Thanks,
Sherry

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Sherry, I hope so too -- btw, have you tried putting a sample book under water and flipping the pages? Latham told me to go try tat and that their sample books are fine under water ;) I'm going to grab one today ;)

TheBraLady

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Concord, NC
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

I love this idea!

We got the "Bonneville/Tan Mosaic" from Latham:

And here it is in our pool:

- - - Updated - - -

We also considered gray liners - and went to look at

Courtstone/Natural Grey from Latham:

And here's the pool our builder had us take a look at:

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
I would post pics, but something is wrong with my photobucket. I can log in, but it just sits there tring to load...forever. EDIT. I managed to upload a couple. Here are a couple of pics of a scrap that was left over.

20160529_113315.jpg.
DSCN0390.jpg
20160529_113326.jpg

My liner Brand Name is Vynall, which is owned by Latham.
My liner is Medium Blue and is called the Chesapeake.

It's a nice liner and i like it.
Vinyl Pool Liner - Medium Series - VynAll

TheBraLady

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Concord, NC
I do have a couple more of the gray liner:

It was a very pretty color - not aquamarine like the tan liner - it was darker. And I'm pretty sure this particular liner you could ask that the border be taken off and just have it made in the solid "granite gray".

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Sherry, what lines does your intaller carry?
I found out more about this today by calling Latham, which is Fort Wayne, pacific, Performance, Vynall brands. If its a for Latham pattern, you can get it from any Latham dealer, but if its exclusive, you can't. So it loos lie I can get Dave's, but can't get the Legacy (competitor to latham) or Garret's.

If you can get Garret's, here's a great gallery that more installers should do on their sites: pics f actual installs!
Mid State Pool Liners

borjis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2014
Pacific NW
This is a Plastimayd liner in the "rich series" (in between light and deep (darker) series.
I originally wanted a different tile pattern that was gold and dark blue, but I'm glad
they didn't offer that combo as the gray in the tile better matches my decking.
(something I had not thought of) I was on the fence for weeks trying to figure
which one to get, but I'm 100% satisfied with this one.

My last gunite pool needed re-plastering but I ended up selling that house
before I got to it, I had blue pebble-tec in mind so that's why I went with
this pattern.

The person that asked if the mil/thickness matters, the consensus seems to be
it makes little if any difference at all. Probably best to save your $$$.

here's a closeup: