Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Calling all in-ground vinyl liner peeps! Whether its old or new, if you know the name of your liner pattern, please post a pic of your pool with water in it, with mfg and pattern name.

This is a social experiment to see if we can help answer the liner-shopper's most pressing question: "What would this liner look like in the water?" A few of us (myself included) are liner shopping around here and there's a dearth of in pool pics showing the liner patterns in situ.

Thanks in advance for all who can post!

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Here's what a 15 year old Prism pattern looks like in my pool. Don't know if it started life as a royal prism or a prism. Deep end hopper has worn to white...otherwise I wouldn't change it as the tone works for me ;)

No idea what the border was, but haven't found it anywhere.
image.jpg

Attachments

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Swampwoman,
I really hope you get a ton of replies with photos because I am getting a new liner and really stressing about how they will look with water in them! It's impossible for me to just imagine what the water color will be by looking at a sample. So please post those photos people.... ;)
Can't wait to see the photos! And if I ever decide which liner I'm getting, I will post the info too. I'm running out of time......
Thanks,
Sherry

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Sherry, I hope so too -- btw, have you tried putting a sample book under water and flipping the pages? Latham told me to go try tat and that their sample books are fine under water ;) I'm going to grab one today ;)

TheBraLady

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Concord, NC
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

I love this idea!

We got the "Bonneville/Tan Mosaic" from Latham:

And here it is in our pool:

- - - Updated - - -

We also considered gray liners - and went to look at

Courtstone/Natural Grey from Latham:

And here's the pool our builder had us take a look at:

Wils424

May 28, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Hoping for lots of replies...I'm struggling between a tan/pebble liner it the safer, more traditional dark blue liner (prism). Thanks to all that post!!

rnaval

Aug 13, 2015
Melville, NY
These pictures are great, please keep them coming as I am about to replace the liner and getting good ideas here. Also any suggestions on the thickness (gauge) to get?

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
I would post pics, but something is wrong with my photobucket. I can log in, but it just sits there tring to load...forever. EDIT. I managed to upload a couple. Here are a couple of pics of a scrap that was left over.

20160529_113315.jpg.
DSCN0390.jpg
20160529_113326.jpg

My liner Brand Name is Vynall, which is owned by Latham.
My liner is Medium Blue and is called the Chesapeake.

It's a nice liner and i like it.
Vinyl Pool Liner - Medium Series - VynAll

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Wow, I am loving this thread! Keep the photos coming. Have to make a decision in a day or two.

TheBraLady, I really like the photo you posted of Courtstone/Natural Grey from Latham. It looks like a very deep beautiful blue. Do you remember if it looked that pretty in person? Any more pics of it? I'm considering that one....especially after looking at the photo you posted. It's not my favorite border, but love the water color. I wish you could pick the border you want with the floor color you want!
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...and keep the pictures coming. And I promise to post mine as soon as we make the decision and they get it installed. This thread will be invaluable to everyone going through the same thing! It is a VERY hard decision!
Sherry

Crickets

Apr 20, 2016
Lexington, ky
I've been wanting to see this light liner from Imperial Pools called Sparkle...And one I'm very curious about is an iridescent liner by Imperial pool called Prism.

It is a dark liner. I've been leaning towards dark liners so any pictures of darker liners would help me out! I can't make up my mind.

TheBraLady

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Concord, NC
I do have a couple more of the gray liner:

It was a very pretty color - not aquamarine like the tan liner - it was darker. And I'm pretty sure this particular liner you could ask that the border be taken off and just have it made in the solid "granite gray".

Other Threads of Interest