Tried Dolphin E10

slimb2061

Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2020
Dothan, AL
So tried out the new Dolphin E10 today with Ultra-Fine Filter Basket. It did a fantastic job and I was surprised at the amount of waste that was in the basket. Time will tell, but initially satisfied with this purchase.

Dolphin E10.jpg

It’s a fantastic robot for an AGP. I’m glad you are happy with it.

Reactions: slimb2061
Just curious I bought an Active 10 which is same family. Can I just buy the ultra fine filters and swap? Or do I need a complete basket? Two filters come right out but I was afraid to push the two side filters too hard.

also when it reverses and hits the wall the tracks spin against the wall for maybe 3-5 seconds. Is that normal and damaging to the vinyl?
It works well once or twice don’t ask how but it climbed the wall to the rail and then fell backwards. It only happened twice and it was when I first put it in, I guess the switch did not cut power when it went vertical. That sucker pushed right up the wall would not believe if I did not see it.

Yes you just need the fine filters and swap them. The two sides ones are noticeably harder to pop out on mine as well. Just push where the two finger pads are while holding the frame.

Just curious I bought an Active 10 which is same family. Can I just buy the ultra fine filters and swap? Or do I need a complete basket? Two filters come right out but I was afraid to push the two side filters too hard.

also when it reverses and hits the wall the tracks spin against the wall for maybe 3-5 seconds. Is that normal and damaging to the vinyl?
It works well once or twice don’t ask how but it climbed the wall to the rail and then fell backwards. It only happened twice and it was when I first put it in, I guess the switch did not cut power when it went vertical. That sucker pushed right up the wall would not believe if I did not see it.

Filters do come out and you can swap just the filters, rather than the entire basket. I have not seen mine backspin against the wall, but I have seen it climb the wall almost to the rail.

I cannot see how the side panels come out, it appears they are part of the frame on the active 10. I pushed firmly and they don’t budge. Do I need a whole basket? The front and back panels come out.

Attachments

• CDCF2038-BD7C-493E-8D05-6BAA2D13196E.jpeg
    CDCF2038-BD7C-493E-8D05-6BAA2D13196E.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1A8DC452-77A0-4C85-8339-D72B7DFECC7F.jpeg
    1A8DC452-77A0-4C85-8339-D72B7DFECC7F.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 374C9932-547F-41BD-AFD9-F332BCD56112.jpeg
    374C9932-547F-41BD-AFD9-F332BCD56112.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 24
  • FBDDDAE4-D837-4448-AC08-537A8C41F44E.jpeg
    FBDDDAE4-D837-4448-AC08-537A8C41F44E.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 23
I’m going to retract my answer on the side filters. That is different. May need to buy a new basket with filters unless they actually come out. But I agree they look integral.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an e10 with the fine filter. It looks exactly like your non fine filter. Sides are not removable unless you unscrew them. But I think for your model, the fine filter is a whole basket assembly like you have, just with paper filters instead. An entirely separate basket, if you will.

Other models have snap in add in fine filters but not for this model.

Does it drop right in? I seen some that said you have to snap a piece out of the bottom of the cleaner and another comes with a guard? Prefer if I get one to drop in.

also when going reverse and it hits the wall is 3 seconds average tome for treads to spin? Is this damaging to the liner?

Does it drop right in? I seen some that said you have to snap a piece out of the bottom of the cleaner and another comes with a guard? Prefer if I get one to drop in.

also when going reverse and it hits the wall is 3 seconds average tome for treads to spin? Is this damaging to the liner?

The Ultra Fine Filter and Basket just dropped right in on my E10. I have not really noticed, timed or thought about the timing of tracks spinning. When I drop it in the pool tomorrow, I will try to pay attention to timing and amount of spinning.

The Ultra Fine Filter and Basket just dropped right in on my E10. When I drop it in the pool tomorrow, I will try to pay attention to timing and amount of spinning.
Thanks I will order the ultra fine tomorrow. I had a rover for 8 or 9 and it died. I was just concerned when the tracks spin against the liners when going reverse. Forward is fine as it goes vertical and comes down. I have agp oval with steel sides but there is really no coving. So when the smaller wheels hit it stops trying after a few seconds.

I got my ultra fine basket yesterday. I must have a newer model Active 10. The basket was an exact fit with no removal of parts required, even though the instructions showed it. My Active 10 already had a plastic grid/motor guard in place, so I did not install the one in the box.
so after the first cleaning, I will say success, my pool is relatively clean fortunately, though I get dust on the bottom that the mesh filter would circulate and I think it is too fine for the sand filter. This morning it was gone, the ultra fine did its job. When I cleaned the filter it was noticeable.
The robot still climbs the wall the first cycle, must be either air in it or the switch to tell it when it is going vertical is not set.
For the price of these I think there would be a lot of happier people if they included the filters, but then again I could see the ultra fine filter clogging if someone had a lot of leaves and causing issues to the bot.
Thanks

I've noticed after 3 years the fine basket, when it gets dirty moves a lot less water and at that point sometimes doesn't draw in debris effectively. Probably time to soak them in trisodium phosphate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.