Tricks in replacing the Pentair IS4 remote

marinoperna

Jul 8, 2014
largo, fl
HI,

Happy labor day weekend

after 5 years (even being covered) my IS4 remote no longer functions. First thought was to simply replace it,. Well come to find out I cannot pull the 60' wire. Won't budge and i'm afraid of ripping it.
My question is, can a Pentair 522104 kit be used to replace all the functions of the IS4 ( use my iPhone to control the entire pool) OR are there any tried and true method (trick) in pulling the existing wires

Thanks all
Marino

Marino,

ScreenLogic will allow you to use your phone, tablet, or your PC to control your EasyTouch.

The P/N 522104 comes with a protocol adapter as well as two wireless transceivers that allows communication between the EasyTouch, protocol adapter and your local house Ethernet..

It does not directly replace the spa-side remote, but ScreenLogic can do all the same stuff that your remote does now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

go get a huge jug of wire pulling lube at home depot etc. pour it in both ends little by little. you can use compressed air to help it along works well. you can add water to it to help it flow. if you get enough in there it will move. you can do the back and forth to break it free then just keep pulling. if its not broken or cracked it will come out just needs solid pressure. the pulling lube works excellent. I have seen the boiling water trick as well but that makes the conduit soften up and you have to be careful with that trick but it works too

Look carefully where the wire may be clamped.

Last edited:
Marino,

ScreenLogic will allow you to use your phone, tablet, or your PC to control your EasyTouch.

The P/N 522104 comes with a protocol adapter as well as two wireless transceivers that allows communication between the EasyTouch, protocol adapter and your local house Ethernet..

It does not directly replace the spa-side remote, but ScreenLogic can do all the same stuff that your remote does now.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying.

My easy touch system is all hardwired (indoor controller). will the screen logic work leaving the indoor control hard wired or will i need to change that out as well? Wish i could just replace the IS4 with another one but so far it's a no go. just not convenient to get out of the spa to change the functions at the panel. Might you know of another way to control the spa functions that would be any simplier than the screen logic. really don't have any house ethernet (not computer savvy really)
Thanks for any help

Happy labor day weekend to you
Regards
Marino

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.