Transporting Test Kit via Plane

I fly constantly and the only thing I have ever had confiscated was a lighter once when you were not allowed to check those. Put the stuff in zip lock bag and you will be safe. The cargo compartment is pressurized to 8000 feet which is lower than a bunch of ski resorts. The chance of anything leaking is very low and with the ziplock virtually zero. I like the idea of taping the receipt to package just to be sure.

Reactions: gmason86
Hey. Just to let you all know that the transportation was successful :)

• I tightened all the lids on the bottles
  • I placed them into a ziplock bag, then another another and then into another (just in case, haha!)
  • I placed the various printed info we talked about inside the last bag and made sure it faced up (cover letter just stating what it was, and what was included, receipt, descriptions from TFTesKits, etc.)

Bag didn't appear to have been opened (no notice inside and everything was where I left it), and nothing had spilled.

So all in all, very successful! Thanks everyone.

Hi All - I know this is a VERY old thread, but wanted to share my experience since this seems to be the only thread on this topic. I successfully flew with my test kit from Minnesota to Toronto. Like others suggested, I put the website's literature on the TF-100 kit and the receipt in my checked bag. Upon arriving in Toronto, there was no indication my bag had been searched. I had a bunch of odd purchases in the suitcase as well, but it must not have drawn enough attention to warrant a search.

This is great, as it still seems much more cost-effective to purchase the kit in the states!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.