Attachments

• 3631B74C-4BD4-4F71-B93A-59FA4D0B71CA.jpeg
    3631B74C-4BD4-4F71-B93A-59FA4D0B71CA.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 3F8A8E22-1946-4B96-B4A3-277065744B5A.jpeg
    3F8A8E22-1946-4B96-B4A3-277065744B5A.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 19
Update day 8:
Same as the previous night. Only lost 1.
So I believe I’ll call it good and let the FC drop to maintain level.
So is the next step today to test everything else and see where we are?

Assuming pool is clear you're good. Let FC drift down below 10 ppm and test/adjust pH. You can post a full set of results, but I suspect you're good. You can swim after FC drops below SLAM level.

Stay on top of FC daily. Don't allow FC to drop below the minimum. Expect a daily FC loss in the 2 to 4 ppm range. Consider getting the SWG up and running.

Congrats!

Assuming pool is clear you're good. Let FC drift down below 10 ppm and test/adjust pH. You can post a full set of results, but I suspect you're good. You can swim after FC drops below SLAM level.

Stay on top of FC daily. Don't allow FC to drop below the minimum. Expect a daily FC loss in the 2 to 4 ppm range. Consider getting the SWG up and running.

Congrats!
Thanks for all the help!
I’ll give it a couple days and test everything and post results. It’ll give me some re-assurance :)

Yes I want to get the SWG going sooner than later so I’m looking into that.

Also, what do you feel about sand vs cartridge filters? I am most likely going to have to replace the filter within the next year or so. I’ve previously maintained a cartridge filter so the maintenance doesn’t bother me.
Just would like your thoughts.

For the filter, a cartridge filter captures finer particles than a sand filter making it superior in that respect. For any filter choice- you want to get the largest one u can fit in your space & also afford. The larger the filter, the less u will need to clean it. Also, its very likely that currently your mpv (multi port valve) is located atop your sand filter. If u replace it with a cartridge filter you will likely need to install a separate mpv & when doing so, decide if you want to still have the option to vacuum to waste & plumb things accordingly if so.
Here’s some more info to help u decide 👇

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the sample stays clear, CC is 0.0. That's great!

With a FG pool, there's no reason to force TA down. Unless your fill water is high in TA, TA will come down slowly as you add acid to adjust pH. Pool Math will tell you how much under "Effects of Adding Chemicals." You can test your TA if you'd like, just to give you idea of how it will effect your pool's TA. Test your TA weekly.

Your pH is high. Add muriatic acid to reduce pH to 7.4. Test pH every one to two days until you get an idea of how fast it will rise.

Get your recommended levels here:

Do as Rancho suggested above & also aim for the high fc target 🎯 (or a scootch above) for your cya when dosing - this way if u have a high uv day, high bather load or other environmental factor you are covered & never broach minimum. Minimum is hot lava …

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.