Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ive got a couple of waterline tiles which have fallen off and need to be put back. I know that ez patch materials are often recommended. But ive got bags of misc thinset and grouts sitting in the basement just waiting to be used. Will these generally work with waterline tile? Anything specific I should look for to see if what ive got will work or not?

Are you materials rated for continuous water submersion?

guess that’s the type of thing I need to look for. Is it usually specified in the fine print (or if its not specified, assume its not rated as such)

You need to look at the manufacturers specifications.

Material used for home interiors does not need to be continuous submersible.

Thanks. Looks like I’ll be ordering some ez patch.

Any opinions on using the ez patch 3 thinset also for the grout material? Its only a couple of tiles so mixing a separate product for grout seems like a waste. I was staying away from the 4fs product as ive read the working time needs to be super quick (and I am not super quick). Maybe the 4fs would be the right choice though.

Any opinions on using the ez patch 3 thinset also for the grout material? Its only a couple of tiles so mixing a separate product for grout seems like a waste.

I let the tiles set in the thinset before I grout so I can't see using the same batch for both.

I was staying away from the 4fs product as ive read the working time needs to be super quick (and I am not super quick). Maybe the 4fs would be the right choice though.

What do you think super quick is?

You just need to mix smaller batches when using 4fs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.