Thoughts on future pool build.

Dec 24, 2018
Tulsa/OK
We are super pumped to be starting our pool build. Please provide any feedback you may have on our contract.

Proposed Swimming Pool Dimensions as per drawings
Pool Size:
Surface Area: Minimum Depth: Maximum Depth Approx. Pool Capacity: Deck Area:
16x31
390 Sq. Ft.
3’6”
6’0”
12,000 Approx Gallons 400 Sq Ft
Price Includes following unless noted:
General Information:
Excavation:
• Pool Elevation set at layout
Plumbing:
• 2” schedule 40 PVC pipe and fittings
• 1 Skimmer with separate valve
• Dual main drains with one line
Steel:
• 3/8” to 1⁄2” rebar steel for frame structure
Gunite:
• Pneumatically placed monolithic
• Bond beam to be 12” wide
• Walls and Floor to be 5” to 6” thick
Coping:
• 12” Standard Poured cantilever coping Tile:
• $6 per square foot tile allowance. (Customer Choice)
• 6”x 6” Band of frost proof tile trim around water line of pool. Decking and Pool Surrounding:
• 400 Square Feet Salt Finish Concrete Interior Finish:

• Standard White Plaster Finish with 1 year warranty

Equipment:

• 2.7 hp Jandy Variable Speed Pump
• Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter
• Paramount clear Ozone unit with Rainbow Inline Chlorinator
• Paramount Trident UV-II Ultra Violet unit
• Maintenance equipment (test kit, vacuum head and hose, pole, brush and net)
• 2 Jandy LED Nichless 20v lights
• Dophin Automatic electric cleaner
Custom Features:
• 3 Wedding cake steps into pool
• Optional 7x7 Tanning ledge Other:
• Start-up and balance of chemicals for first week
• 1 hour pool and spa orientation by trained Fiesta Staff
Pool Investment with Premium Equipment ___________
Optional Upgrades:
• Pebble Tec Plaster Finish Level 1 with 5 year warranty
• Jandy iQ904P Automation System

Looks great. Do realize the Ozone and UV items are not worth having. If you do not have a SWCG you will need to add liquid chlorine every day during swim season. The sun provides all the UV the pool needs.

If the pool will be rectangular, consider adding a motorized automatic safety cover. Mine reduces my pool maintenance a lot by keeping good stuff in and bad stuff out.

I am going to go down your details a line at a time and make comments as needed:
-how many returns?
-what kind of valves? Make sure they are NOT the ball valves found at the big box stores
-steel-size oc? (on center).........aka how big will the openings be?
-get model numbers for all equipment and share them here including the cleaner
-drop all of this: Paramount clear Ozone unit with Rainbow Inline Chlorinator & Paramount Trident UV-II Ultra Violet unit
-Get a SWG instead: Trouble Free Pool
This should keep you busy for a little while LOL

So do you have a picture/drawing of this pretty pool? How about a pic of the yard it will be going in to?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Rocket J Squirrel
I'd suggest making the shallow end 4' to 6', knowing that the real small fry will hang out on the tanning ledge or stairs anyway. Then I'd confirm with the pool builder that those are the water heights and not just the pool height (water is generally about 6" below coping).

Ditch the UV (come'on... OK gets *plenty* of free UV from that yellow thing above) and Ozone isn't ideal for outdoor pools. Go with a Salt Water Generator (SWG) to make your chlorine.

A good robot will do the wall brushing for you as well as vacuuming up the schmutz.

At this point, testing will be the most common "manual labor" you'll need to handle and even that doesn't have to be daily once you learn your pool's "personality".

Maddie :flower:

Returns depend on size of the pool, number of skimmers, and shape of the pool. My simple pool has two. Some have 4 or more. One thing to remember it is best to have each return, if possible, controlled by its own valve and run from the equipment pad. Especially for complex pool designs. Most builders just loop all the returns on one line from the equipment pad. Can be OK, for a simple pool, but sometimes being able to control how much goes to each return can help skimming and cleaning efficiency.

Reactions: Nantois
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.