This one is for me....

They have to start earlier or else they’d be in school until June when it’s blazing hot & dry. In August, the weather is a tiny bit cooler. I agree though, it took a while for me to get used to it having grown up with school usually starting around Labor Day.

I’m not sure what AZ state you live in, but it’s definitely not cooler in August here. These kids get 3-2 week vacations throughout the year, fall, Xmas, and spring. When I was in school, we were done 2nd week of June, and back in just after Labor Day.

You’re really beginning to worry me, now with ALL the kids in school, you’re gonna have wayyyyy to much free time on your hands. I suspect there will be a few Fig Newton runs during the day!!

• Haha
Reactions: bdavis466
Make lemonade out of that lemon! Surely you can carve it up and find a space to stuff in a couple more beams?

Great idea, or maybe I'll cut a Jaws shark bite chunk out of it and mount it on the wall?. Im sure my wife would love that!

I'll send the other half to Matt... that type of decor is just what Tucson needs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s for drinking party games - someone on the second story pours beer down the roof into the gutters and then the downspout goes into the column where it empties into a few outlet spouts that you cant see on the opposite side....the beer can taste a little funky depending on which flock of sea birds happened to pass by the roof ?

• Haha
Reactions: bdavis466
:scratch: Where is that downspout going to? Did you put a drain pipe in the column?
View attachment 115435
Yes, I ran pipe up the columns to hide the downspouts. That's never a good look to see an external downspout with a bunch of kinks and turns running down the side of a wall or column with a lot of detail...And bless my HOA - we must have gutters

The line is tied into the drain that runs out to the street.... stealth?

Last edited:
In your CBD infused haze, that’s actually a pretty cool idea. Some taps installed on the outside of the house with the kegs in a fridge inside. Hmmmmm:unsure:

But then you'd have to waste gallons of beer to purge the warm stale beer in the lines...or I guess you could just serve it to the patrons like they do at the YardHouse?

• Wow
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
But then you'd have to waste gallons of beer to purge the warm stale beer in the lines...or I guess you could just serve it to the patrons like they do at the YardHouse?
Not if your keg fridge was on the opposite side of the wall.
Take a 1/8 of a wooden whiskey barrel, mount that to your wall with the taps installed on it, then plumb the lines through the wall into the kegerator. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.