This is such a joke

I got spam email from Leslie's this morning saying they will pay me $5 to test my water... I guess we can't tell folks not to trust pool store water tests because "even though they are free they end up costing a lot in chem purchases", ha!

well now this one surprised me recomending CYA of 40 and explaining that high CYA reduces chlorines effectiveness then lost me with bioactive lol

I too noticed him say they like to see CYA at 40ppm, but I think that I've seen 50-150ppm as the recommended level on printout pictures I've seen posted here.

Just more talking in circles .......

I got spam email from Leslie's this morning saying they will pay me $5 to test my water... I guess we can't tell folks not to trust pool store water tests because "even though they are free they end up costing a lot in chem purchases", ha!

I love getting those emails since the Florida Leslie's still sell 2.5gal refillable trade bleach! Yes! That's almost 3 gallons of free 10% bleach! As for the rest of the country, perhaps apply it to goggles, a couple $3 rafts, MA, DE, CF, or even the 2 pack of trichlor pucks that are like $6-7. A pack of cal-hypo to keep as an emergency FC stash.

I too noticed him say they like to see CYA at 40ppm, but I think that I've seen 50-150ppm as the recommended level on printout pictures I've seen posted here.

Just more talking in circles .......

100 on mine but they NEVER dilute the test so 100 is the max that's why I was shocked to even see them mention the effectiveness of chlorine, another thing is they recommend maintaining an FC of 1-3 never more for any situation

100 on mine but they NEVER dilute the test so 100 is the max that's why I was shocked to even see them mention the effectiveness of chlorine, another thing is they recommend maintaining an FC of 1-3 never more for any situation
Was 100ppm your test result, or the recommended range?

Was 100ppm your test result, or the recommended range?

yep pulled up some old ones to check 30-99 but we know 99 is not good for non SWG pools and their FC is always 1-3, try that with 99 CYA....
It's funny that test was in feb when I had yellow algae, was killing my filter adding phosfree trying to get the 2000 phosphates down because I trusted the pool store

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think the guy on the left came to my door trying to sell cutco knives last week [emoji12]

Guy? Oh, you meant Tammy Faye! I thought Jim looked pretty good, but I'd never seen Tammy Faye without her make-up. That was a little rough. Was this shot while they were drinking? Why have 3 cameras but only look at one of them?

So anyway, I got a little lost. I know I need to get my pH really high and then buy the bottle with the label that matches the color of my water, but I never saw an address of where to send my bi-monthly checks. Do I complete the amount of the checks or just sign em and send em?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.