Reno, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Seems like most that go the salt water route are very happy with the results. We've been going through +/- a gallon a day of 10% chlorinating liquid, but I suspect that may go
down since we put the solar cover on last weekend.

All of the equipment is Pentair, controlled by the Intellitouch system. Everything is 15-16 years old, and the pool is right around 35,000 gallons. I'm thinking IC60, but the
Circupool products seem to get great reviews and seem to have a better warranty.

Would it make sense to stick with Pentair? How can I tell if my Intellitouch control is set up to handle a SWGC? If it is, will it control an RJ60 or just the IC60?

Thanks!
Craig

Craig,

Your IntelliTouch can not control the CircuPool SWCG, except to turn it on and off... If you go with an IC60 and an external power center, then your IntelliTouch will allow you to control the SWCG's output percentage and show you the level salt in your pool water. If you get ScreenLogic2 you would get a display like this...

View media item 1963

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,
I ordered the salt test kit today. We have a few leaks in the plumbing on the equipment pad and may just redo all of the plumbing, replace the pool pump, and add the IC60 at the same time.
Is the Screenlogic2 a pretty straight forward install?

Craig,

ScreenLogic is an Easy DIY install...

The main problem is that ScreenLogic is old and it has problems with some of the new whiz bang home network routers and switches.

Mine fired right up and has been running for over 5 years with no issues at all.

Here is a couple more screenshots to wet your whistle.. Costs about $400 bucks... Pentair P/N 522104..

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
I thought of another question- If I were to upgrade my intellitouch to the intellicenter would I still need the IC60 with the separate power supply?

Craig,

To do away with the external power supply, you would have the buy the enclosure with the internal power supply.. That would be more like buying a whole new IntelliCenter and not just an upgrade.. No matter what, you'd still need the IC60... Keep in mind that the IC40 or IC60 can be part of a package deal, where you buy a new enclosure, which includes the internal power supply as well as the salt cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Craig,

Welcome to Polytec Pools - Pool Equipment and Replacement Parts Seems to be pretty popular for the IntelliCenter, but it appears they have most all of the Pentair equipment.

We don't really have any special deals with anyone..

I bought most of my equipment from Amazon..

Keep in mind that the major brands only have a 60 day warranty when not installed by a "professorial" installer..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Okay, it looks like there are 3 options that package the IC60 with the Intellicenter controller- I5PS1IC60, I8PS1IC60, and I10PS1IC60. I'm having trouble understanding the differences between them but thinking it's how many things it can control?

Craig,

The 5, 8, and 10 are the number of relays the system has.. One relay MUST be used to control the SWCG, so that means on the I5PS, you can control 4 things that use 120 or 240 volts.. Things like pool lights, blower motors, landscape lights, etc.. The IntelliFlo does not use a relay..

It is the same as your IntelliTouch.. you either have 4 or 8 relays..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.