Thinking of converting to SWG

Tjt

Jul 15, 2018
North Iowa
I have a new pool that will be opened soon. It was completed late last summer and used for a short time with liquid chlorine until we closed it. I have been against salt as fear of corrosion, but that doesn't seem to be a big concern with most posts I've read. I have an Omnilogic controller that I didn't purchase the salt cell with because of those fears. My question is do I try to add the hayward cell or another brand? From what I've rea there are better options that will pay for themselves in the long run because of longevity and capacity. Which way would be a good way to go, and how big (oversize) would you size the cell. Hayward only does 40k and most posts talk about going much larger.

Intellichlor makes a 60K SWCG, so you may want to look at that one. The problem with a 40K vs your 33K gallon pool is that you’ll probably have to run your pump for well over half the day. You have a variable speed pump, which helps on that front, but that‘s the real question I would ask - Do I want to run my pump almost all day?

Fear not. Use the SWG chemical recommendations and dive right in. With a robot and a balanced pool and SWG, pool maintenance is embarrassingly easy.

Reactions: Hootz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.