SWG or mother board?

Marlenak

Sep 5, 2023
Virgini
I’m trying to figure out if I have a faulty salt cell or if it’s the mother board- Hayward SwimPure Plus. Two weeks ago the temperature reading started climbing and the salt reading wasn’t moving at all- both incorrect. But it wasn’t a big deal because I have another way to test the salt. Last week it started reading HOT and stopped generating chlorine. Customer service for the salt cell told me to cut the blue and red wires inside the salt cell and the HOT will come off and start producing. The temperature reading went to 77 and the salt reading went to 2700- both were incorrect but I didn’t care as long as it was producing. I got the pool completely balanced and tried to recalibrate the mother board. The salt reading went to 0 and it is still not producing chlorine. The voltage is 31.4. The filter is a Hayward vari-flo XL valve and motor is 1 hp. Pool is IG and 16,000. Do you think it’s an issue with the salt cell or the mother board? Thank you!

These are my readings…
  • Salt 0
  • Temperature 77
  • Voltage 31.3
  • Amperage 0.0
  • Percent 39P
  • Instant salt - 0
  • Product AL-0
  • Version r1.59
  • Cell t15
And this is a picture of my salt cell…

Attachments

• IMG_5184.png
    IMG_5184.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to TFP.

How old is the cell?

What is the serial number of the cell?

You have a non-Hayward cell.

I suggest you replace it with a Hayward cell with a 3 or 4 year warranty unless you feel replacing non-Hayward cells every year or so is better for you economically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.