Think i may need help soon!

When we made it home tonight at 10 o'clock my FC was down to 1 again so I went ahead and finished the application of the cya that we talked about last night and I'm going calculate what I need to raise my free chlorine back up to 6 and then we can touch base tomorrow if that's okay and see where I need to go

We were actually gone all day today and nobody swim at all so the sun ate up all of it near as I can tell. I got my chlorine level adjusted tonight and completed the cya application that we talked about to try to get it up to 40. I will be home all day tomorrow and will check my chlorine levels periodically through the day to see if they're dropping and I will attempt again to get a cya reading and see if I can make it work

Be sure you're doing the 10 ml sample for FC and one scoop of powder is enough, but yep, you want to keep that on hand and it keeps well as long as it isn't subjected to high heat or freezing.

It's a good idea to get in the habit of testing at the same time each day, and doing your additions around then. Testing too much can make it a bit confusing. Marian is fine-tuning a target for you that will allow for the daily fluctuations.

Good morning everybody, I just took my readings this morning and was able finally to get a good cya reading I think. My free chlorine is sitting at 9 and I have no combined chlorine and my cya is around 40 maybe close to 50 but I'm going to call it 40 just to be on the safe side and my pH is still sitting nice at 7.5. I will check my free chlorine levels off and on a couple of times during the day today and then get some final readings after everybody's done swimming and sun is going down to see if my client gets ate up again. I'm hoping that the cya being raised fixes that problem. I don't know if I've mentioned it before but thank you all so much for all of your help and for making this all make so much sense

I will do one more reading on that later today to verify for sure and it may be that we need to consider it as 50 based on that information. I just did another reading on my chlorine and it is at 7 with no combined chlorine at all ... there has been almost no swimming in it so far this morning but the sun is very bright so I'm not sure how fast it should be eating this Corinne and how far down it should be by the end of the day to be considered normal. I will get another reading around 3 o'clock so that we can just keep an eye on how it drops through the day and I'll know if it gets closed down to 4 that I need to go ahead and add more product since I'm actually here today :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just ran my cya test and my FC test one more time. My FC is down to 5, and I'm actually going to have to say that my cya is probably closer to 30 because it made it clear 2:30 before it really became hard to see and then that I feel like that's what you guys are trying to get to and what I saw on the video. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and dissolve the other 16 ounces of cya I have an add this to the pool

Did I tell you MY way of doing the CYA test? Here is what I do and it has saved my sanity with this test.

-back to sun, tube a tummy in the shade of my body. Pour the mixture to the first line (100) and GLANCE in. IF you see the dot, pour to the next line and GLANCE in. Do this line by line until you cannot see the dot when you GLANCE in. We will have you round up to the next line anyway to might as well just go line by line.

Just GLANCE in. Do NOT stare because you will end up seeing it LOL

LOVE the bug catcher! I see an trip to the store for me to make one!

Kim:cat:

As I have been moving my cya levels up day by day a little bit I have yet to see what the block. Completely disappear as it shows on this page from the extended Test Kit directions section
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/ChemistryTopicsCM.ASP?ContentID=44

Should it completely disappear as they show in these pictures or am I okay if it's just mostly disappears? I want to make sure that I'm getting correct cya readings because I feel like that is the key to this whole thing is getting that level correct... I feel like once it is correct we can fine-tune my chlorine levels that I should be out every night to get me through the next day without ever dropping below 4... it is absolutely unbelievable how much you guys have shown and taught me over the last week!

I'd like to see no dot at all - but then some anecdotal evidence from folks that have gotten the more recent TF-100's that have the "calibration" test for CYA report that they can still see a little bit of dot at 40 when the fluid is supposed to be calibrated for 50 has me in doubt. :)

In short, CYA is still, IMO, an art more than a science. If you have it within 10, you should do pretty well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.